"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Teach EFL in Myanmar (Burma)
Date posted:2013-12-09 | Writer: Brainworks-Total Group | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a TEFL Certified teacher? Come and experience the wonders and be part of the positive and exciting changing times in the Golden Land of Myanmar, (formerly known as Burma). In the nine years since our founding, Brainworks-Total Group of Schools has expanded to 11 branches in Yangon, with over 2,500 very motivated students and 400 dedicated teachers and staff with ongoing expansion plans. We have positions available for an immediate start.
Both 11 and 22 month contracts are available but we are very focused on giving our students certainty and continuity and preference is given to applicants who are prepared to commit to a 2-year contract.
• For those that complete an 11-month contract and are offered and accept a second year contract we offer a one-month paid holiday for the month of May. (Paid pro rata for those that start after 1st June)
• Paid public and term holidays.
• Paid flights costs to and from Myanmar on full completion of contract from either Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur or Singapore.
• Excellent teacher/student class ratios.
• High quality shared house/apartment style air-conditioned accommodation for single people. Please note there are no mixed couple accommodations available.
• US$500.00 Stipend available for those that wish to procure their own accommodation.
• Free basic maid and laundry service.
• We cover all initial and bi monthly visa renewal costs.
• Free daily nutritional School lunches.
• We cover all local work related transportation costs.
• Complimentary Myanmar language classes.
• Basic simple medical cover.
• For those that show enthusiasm, dedication and a natural desire to lead there are performance based advancement opportunities.
US$1500-US$1800 depending on qualifications and experience.
Note: While the salary may be less than teachers are paid in some western countries international teachers usually say because of the low cost of living in Myanmar they can live a far easier and more affluent lifestyle in Myanmar than they can on a teacher’s salary in their own country.
Candidates who would like to work at Brainworks - Total Group of Schools must possess the following qualifications:
1. Be a native English speaker from the USA, Canada, UK, Australia or New Zealand with a neutral accent.
2. You must hold an ESL qualification: TESOL, CELTA or TEFL (min. 120hrs of in class training) or have an accredited ESOL endorsement on your teaching license. Preference given to those that hold a B.A. B.Ed or M.Ed and to those that are certified teachers in their place of origin.
3. All positions require at least one full year practical leading and teaching classroom experience or one year's practicum as a student teacher in a qualified teacher certification program.
4. Have experience living abroad (preferably 1 year or more) in a developing country and a sense for adventure, change and a touch of uncertainty.
Please note: We will only respond to applications that meet the requirements we are looking for.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in joining our dedicated team at Total, please send an application letter, your resume, and letters of recommendation to our Human Resources Department at the email address given on the job heading.
You may also contact us at (+951) 501976 or 524599