"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL in Giyani, South Africa
Date posted:2004-10-06 | Writer: Hillside Foundation School | Email: email@example.com
School: Hillside Foundation School
Location: Giyani, Limpopo Province, South Africa
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a classroom (homeroom) teacher to teach Grade R (Reception year). Learners are aged 5-6.
Hillside Foundation School offers classes for Grade R, Grade 1 and Grade 2. It follows an integrated outcomes-based approach to teaching, with the main emphasis being on literacy, numeracy and life skills. Class sizes are limited to 20 learners per class. The school is situated in the quiet suburb of Kremetart in the rural town of Giyani in the Limpopo Province (approximately 500km/5 hours northeast of Johannesburg). Giyani is a town of about 35 000 people in the bushveld. It is close to various tourist attractions like the Kruger National Park (90km) and Magoebaskloof (100km).
1) Native English Speaker of British, New Zealand, Australian, South African citizenship.
2) Ability to start work on 17 January 2005
3) Preferably a qualification in education (such as TEFL) or a university degree with the willingness to complete a post-graduate certificate in foundation phase education.
4) Experience teaching children of these ages is desirable.
4) A professional disposition and a sincere desire to teach children.
5) A team player that enjoys sharing and collaborating with colleagues.
Salary & Benefits:
1) Salary ZAR4, 000/month.
2) Free school lunch
3) No extra-curricular school activities
4) Working week: Monday to Friday.
5) Working hours: 5hr/day: 8am to 1pm (45 minutes break at 10:15am)
6) Students: maximum of 20 learners per class.
7) Contract period: January-Nov 2005
8) Paid school holidays: 19 March-3 April (16 days), 25 June-17 July (23 days), 24 Sept-2 Oct (8 days), school closes on 30 Nov for 2004.
9) School provides accommodation that consists of own room and en-suite bathroom with shared kitchen, dining and living rooms for ZAR500/month.
If you are interested in the position, please email us your CV and a description of the person that you feel you are and how you feel about children to email@example.com .Also feel free to email us if you need any more info about the position.
Hillside Foundation School