"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Teach EFL in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Date posted:2011-08-17 | Writer: Gibson Preparatory College | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gibson Youth Academy/Gibson Preparatory College Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, has immediate vacancies for highly motivated, enthusiastic, responsible and energetic TEFL qualified teachers in our kindergarten, high school and preparatory college divisions. The positions vary from English conversation to SAT. Non-native speakers are also encouraged to apply.
We are a reputable private educational organization, and have been operating in Ethiopia for the last 10 years. Currently, we have three different academic divisions separated in six campuses. We have more than 4000 students. For the last 10 years we are the school with the highest scores on the Ethiopian National Exams. The majority of our students continue their education abroad.
We are a major employer in Ethiopia with more than 700 people personnel.
• Teaching a full load of 25 academic hours per week
• Lesson planning, evaluation, preparation of testing materials
• Following strict professional rules and regulations
• Being an example of professionalism, dedication and hard work
• Conducting lessons according to the rules and regulations of GYA/GPC
• Participation in extra curriculum activities
• Bachelors degree or higher (BA of English or Education is an advantage)
• TEFL certification or equivalent
• International teaching experience is an advantage
• Previous living and working experience in Africa is an advantage
• Ability to comply with GYA/GPC system of education
• Ability to deal with everyday challenges of living in a developing country
• Free training on GYA/GPC system upon arrival (classroom management, lesson planning etc.)
• Monthly salary of 5000 Ethiopian birr paid in cash
• Free, shared, furnished housing with house maid, 24 hours security, cable TV, telephone, limited internet access, utilities paid by the organization
• 1000 Ethiopian birr housing allowance ( if provided school housing is not chosen)
• Legal Ethiopian documents fees paid by the organization
• Airport pick-up
• 500$ bonus upon completion of a 1 year contract
• Reimbursement of airfare upon completion of a 2 years contract (certain conditions apply)
• “Welcome” package
• Free sightseeing tours around Addis Ababa
Send a Letter of Interest, detailed CV and a recent photo to the e-mail address given on the job heading. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.