"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Opportunities For TEFL Qualified Teachers in Morocco
Date posted:2015-03-09 | Writer: American Language Center, Oujda | Email: email@example.com
The American Language Center of Oujda is looking for dedicated and adventurous TEFL certified individuals who wish to teach English in Morocco. Oujda is a prospering non-touristic city just one hour south of the Mediterranean coast with a beautiful surrounding countryside.
ALC Oujda is a great place to work in a relaxed atmosphere while living and traveling in Morocco. The more experienced EFL teacher can excel with our higher levels, TOEFL classes, Business English and other projects, while newly qualified EFL teachers have a great opportunity to hone their teaching skills while advancing in the TESOL field.
We are looking for teachers for our Spring Session beginning April 3, and for the Fall Session in September.
Native level speaker of English
B.A. + ESL/EFL certification (TEFL, TESOL, CELTA or equivalent)
Teaching experience is a plus, especially someone confident teaching higher levels.
Salary & Benefits:
• Starting pay range for at least 15 hours of teaching a week, 5 classes, is from approximately 6000-9000 dirhams after taxes. That is about 700-1000 dollars a month, which is enough to cover expenses in Morocco and take side trips. The pay is based on an hourly rate and naturally higher if a teacher works more or does a special project or curriculum development.
• Housing allowance in addition to salary: 1000 dirhams, this is enough to cover about half rent in a private apartment.
• Flight allowance of 5000 dirhams toward flight upon successful completion of one year of teaching.
• Health Insurance (80% covered)
• August holiday pay
• Breaks between 10 week sessions for exploration and travel, often one to two weeks between our main 10 week sessions.
• Teacher development: National ALC-TEFL conference in Morocco, all expense paid.
• Moroccan Arabic course for expats (offered to anyone living in Oujda who could benefit).
• ALC Community Service Club, a volunteer association helping needy people in Oujda, and community building while strengthening friendships.
To apply for a position:
Interested applicants should send a short letter of introduction, C.V., and the scanned copy of the first page of their passport to the email address given on the job heading.
Please note: I will be at TESOL Toronto for interviews March 24—March 29, and in New York City from March 15—March 19. Other interviews will be conducted via Skype.
Richard Martin, Director
45 BD Mohammed VI
Tel: 05 36 50 35 94