"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
What is the TEFL/TESOL Diploma course?
- As the course is of an advanced level and has been designed to build on the subjects covered in a standard TEFL certification course, prior TEFL certification is usually required. Exceptions might be made for practicing teachers who have extensive experience in an English language classroom.
- However, if you sign-up for the Diploma course now, we are currently offering our 120-hour online TEFL certification course for free.
- You can choose to take the Diploma course either with or without the support of an online tutor. Our online tutors are highly experienced teacher trainers who are available to answer your questions and to offer tips and advice for improving your understanding of the course topics.
- If you are unfamiliar with distance learning and higher levels of academic study, then we strongly recommend you consider the tutored version of the course. Taking the course without a tutor requires a significant amount of independent motivation and academic aptitude.
- The course is completed entirely online and all necessary materials are accessed via our online training system. Bear in mind that the Diploma course requires a large amount of independent research through the internet and other media.
- The course is broken down into 12 separate modules. The first step is to work through modules 1 to 6 which are then followed by a test based on the subjects covered up to that point. Next you work through modules 7 to 11 which are also followed by a test. Finally, for module 12 you will need to produce a research project. Once you have successfully completed both tests and the research project, you will receive your TEFL/TESOL Diploma certification.
- You are given a maximum of twelve months to finish all aspects of the course. If you are in a particular hurry it is theoretically possible to finish the course in as little as one month, although the average completion time is somewhere between eight and ten months.