"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
How do online TEFL courses work?
- The subjects covered in our 120-hour online TEFL course and our in-class TEFL course are virtually identical. The one area that clearly separates the two versions is observed teaching practice (OTP). Our in-class courses include extensive time in a real classroom where you can practice your teaching skills under the guidance of experienced trainers. As a consequence, in-class courses are generally held in a higher regard by employers. While we would recommend the in-class course as the ideal preparation for teaching English abroad, our online courses are still a great alternative for those who lack the sufficient time or funds to complete a four-week residential course.
- Yes. If you complete our 120-hour online certification course you will receive an internationally recognized TEFL qualification that will open the door to thousands of potential jobs in countries all over the world. Our specialized CTEYL and CTBE courses and our advanced Diploma course are also fully recognized worldwide.
- As the widely accepted international standard for TEFL certification dictates that trainees must complete a minimum of 100 hours of study, short format courses do not result in full certification. Our 60-hour online TEFL course provides a great introduction for anyone looking to volunteer as a language teacher, but it is unlikely to be sufficient for many employers.
- Our range of online courses are externally validated and moderated by OTTSA (The Online TEFL and TESOL Standards Agency). To ensure we maintain a high standard of service, a moderator regularly visits us to inspect all aspects of the course content and delivery.
- All the materials you need to complete our online courses are accessed via our online training system. The materials are in PDF format and can be printed off if you wish.
- The online courses are divided into units that each conclude with a short multi-choice test. You do not need to achieve a specific score in each unit; however, you do need to achieve an average of 75% across all the units to reach the required pass rate. Once you have worked through the units you will then submit a lesson plan for assessment. Once you have completed all the units and your lesson plan has been assessed, you will graduate from the course and receive your certification.
- All our online courses have a maximum time limit of six months (with the exception of the Diploma course which has a twelve month limit), within which you are free to work at any pace you prefer. On average most students are able to finish the 60-hour course within four weeks and the 120-hour course within 8 weeks. However, if you are in a hurry, the 60-hour course can realistically be completed in as little as five days, while the 120-hour course can be completed in ten days.
- All online certificates are sent via registered post upon successful completion of all aspects of the course. Each certificate comes with a cover letter and a unique ID number that employers can use to check its authenticity.
- Your certificate will be posted within five working days and you should allow two to three weeks for delivery. If you are in a hurry we can provide a scanned PDF copy via email, as well as an express delivery option via DHL. This service takes three to four days and has a flat rate of 50 USD regardless of destination.
- No, our certificates do not indicate that they were completed online. All our courses result in a specific certification that states the number of study hours involved but not the method of study.