Date posted:2020-02-27 | Writer: Stafford House | Email: [email protected]
Stafford House San Francisco is currently accepting applications for qualified EFL teachers and Substitute EFL Teachers with availability to teach in our morning (8:30-11:50am) and/or module (12:30-2:45pm) classes. We are interested in candidates who have experience with general ESL, but who also have experience with teaching business and academic English.
Our student body encompasses adult students from all over the world, who join us to improve their English through practical, academic, and professional offerings. Our staff and teaching team is professional, dynamic, and creative – the best in the business! We are located in the Financial District, in downtown San Francisco. We offer students the experience of a lifetime, combining great language classes with exciting activities all around the city. For over 15 years, international students have come to Stafford House San Francisco (formerly Intrax) for high quality instruction in skills that they can put to use as they explore life in the U.S. and pursue their personal, academic, and professional goals. Stafford House has 10 English schools in the US, UK, and Canada.
For substitute teachers, you may be scheduled well in advance, to cover a regular teacher’s vacation, to teach a scheduled class, or with very short notice in the case of a teacher being unexpectedly sick.
JOB TYPE: PART-TIME NON-EXEMPT
Starting pay rate depends of experience and varies depending on the type of class taught: $21.85 to $26.45 per teaching hour
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND CAPABILITIES:
The Stafford House ESL Teacher is expected to undertake a range of duties including but not limited to:
• Ensuring the highest quality course delivery and student satisfaction
• Creating and delivering lessons that are motivating and engaging with a focus on learning and progress.
• Planning and delivering lessons according to the Stafford House standards, using the Stafford House curriculum, materials and interactive technology.
• Establishing a positive learning environment for all students, ensuring that they feel supported in their learning
• Ensuring effective collaboration of cross-cultural teams
• Providing feedback and support that encourages the learners to gain content knowledge as well as develop both their language skills and self-confidence
• Maintaining all required administrative records, and completing all administrative tasks in a timely manner
• Participating actively in teacher training workshops and events as directed by the Director of Studies
• Facilitating best practices through active collaboration with other teachers
• Setting development goals in conjunction with the Director of Studies, based on observations, feedback, and individual areas of interest
• Following the directives in the employee handbook and teacher manual
• Assisting the Director of Studies in piloting new materials and programs as assigned
• Hold a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and CELTA/TEFL/TESOL or MATESOL qualification
• Have the ability to legally work in the USA (we do not sponsor visas)
• Be able to facilitate an engaging, student-centered learning environment
• Be culturally sensitive and able to teach to a diverse international student population
• Be able to make learning meaningful, creative, and fun. Our priority is the student experience!
• Be organized and display a high level of professionalism
• Have strong communication skills and an ability to collaborate effectively
Continuous professional development is provided for all staff and there are clear lines of progression for those who are as passionate about the student experience as we are.
Stafford House International has 10 permanent English language Schools across the UK, USA and Canada. We offer a range of programmes for adults and juniors in our year-round schools and exclusively for juniors in our Summer centres. Recruitment is also currently open for our summer 2020 roles and we recruit year-round for roles in our permanent English language schools - if you are interested in working for us in any capacity we'd love to hear from you!
Our interview process includes demo lessons and/or trial periods with a class.
To apply, please forward a resume and cover letter, including your specific availability, to the email listed on the job heading. No phone calls, please.