"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL in Taunton, England
Date posted:2006-01-26 | Writer: Manor Courses Ltd | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Centre: Taunton School, Somerset, U.K.
4 week contracts: Wed 12 July - Wed 9 Aug
6 week contracts: Wed 12 July - Thur 24 Aug
2 day Induction Course: Mon 10 - Tue 11 July
(Arrive Sun 9 July)
REMUNERATION PACKAGE includes:
· Salary: Â£200.00 per week (Wed to Wed), starting from Wed 12 July(Less N.I. and Tax if applicable).
· Accommodation for duration of contract.
· Full board (3 meals a day, 2 refreshment breaks plus free tea and coffee throughout).
· Â£5 lunch money, in addition to packed lunch, when on Full-Day Excursion Duty.
· Â£ 50 contribution to travel expenses to Taunton (Less Tax).
· 1 day off per week (7:00pm - 7:00pm), which day TBC.
· Obligatory 2 day Induction Course from Mon 10 July - Tue 11 (prior to the students arrival).
THE AIMS OF THE COURSE:
· To introduce the English language to young foreign students
· To provide a carefully planned sports programme for the students to join voluntarily
· To provide a carefully planned recreational and cultural activities programme both on campus (e.g. discos) and off campus (e.g. excursions).
We are looking for teachers who:
· Are native speakers.
· Are enthusiastic and willing to work with young students.
· Have relevant EFL training / degrees / certificates.
· Have classroom experience at any level.
· Are prepared to accept other duties as well as teaching (i.e. excursions, residential supervision).
The daily responsibilities include:
· Lessons - Teach 4 lessons of 45 minutes, five mornings a week.
· Homework - Take 5 homework sessions per week from 6.00 to 6.45pm.
· Materials - Plan and organise materials for the above teaching duties from a range of resources (we do not have set textbooks).
· 2hr Duty Rotas - Supervisory duties (inc. residences, activities/common rooms, swimming pool etc.) and some activities, on an afternoon/evening 2hour duty-rota basis (i.e. 2-4, 4-6, or 8-10pm).
The weekly responsibilities include:
· Testing - Oral testing and marking multiple choice placement tests.
· Certificates - Write final certificates.
· Social Activities Programme - Participation in social activities programme (e.g. Talent Show, disco etc.), welcome assemblies and farewell presentations.
?Excursions - Attendance on full day and afternoon excursions (one per week, respectively).
· Arrivals - Welcome groups of students on arrival days.
· Residential - Bedtime and wake-up duty on a twice-weekly overnight duty-rota basis.
Manor Courses Ltd, 67 Warren Way,
Brighton, E.Sussex, BN2 6PH, U.K.
Tel: 01273 300938
Please see the website to get a better idea of the school: Contact us