Date posted:2017-03-14 | Writer: Meddeas | Email: [email protected]
Meddas has vacancies for language assistants in Spanish schools: Immediate start (no experience required). Application period about to close! If you are a student or recent TEFL graduate, we encourage you to apply before April 15th. No matter what your background and level of Spanish are, there is a Meddeas programme for you starting in September 2017. Receive a monthly income, ongoing training and the opportunity to explore a country.
“I have learned a new level of professionalism and how to be more organized. I have seen how a working environment functions and how to maintain order and progress, and I will take it with me to the future. I also have loved learning Spanish and learning things about myself in a personal level. It feels great and liked by my school and students,” Francis N., Millsaps College, US.
Do you want to live a once in a lifetime opportunity?
Becoming a Language Assistant in a Spanish school with Meddeas is a unique experience that will stay with you forever. During one academic year, you will enrol in a structured programme and cooperate with 20 teaching hours a week in one of the 200 educational centres we work with. Gain international experience and add transferable skills to your CV. Don’t miss the opportunity to discover a new culture and language, paying no fees and with a guaranteed monthly income, which is more than enough to live in Spain as a student.
Starting dates available:
- September 2017 until June 2018
Don't miss out our participants' testimonials in Meddeas Language Assistants' blog. Join us for news and updates in our Facebook and Youtube Channel.
So what does Meddeas offer you?
According to your background and interests, there is a Meddeas’ programme for you.
• Qualifications: degree in English OR any degree + TEFL course OR degree in Education
• Conversation practice with up to 28 pupils
• Monthly grant is 912 Euros per month OR 462 Euros per month + full board accommodation with a host family
• Qualifications: any degree
• Conversation practice with up to 14 pupils
• Monthly grant is 862 Euros per month OR 412 Euros per month + full board accommodation with a host family
• Minimum qualifications: any degree OR university students OR gap years.
• Conversation practice with small groups OR assisting the main teacher
• Monthly grant is 312 Euros per month + full board accommodation with a host family
•Minimum qualifications: only university students (as part of their courses)
•Conversation practice with small groups or assisting the main teacher
•Monthly grant is 312 Euros per month
Selected candidates will:
• Join a Spanish school to cooperate as Language Assistants with 20 teaching hours per week, with the same holidays as the school.
• Receive a certified course given by a Spanish university, depending on the programme.
• Have paid school holidays (except for the summer period).
• Have health insurance covered by the programme (EU citizens).
• Receive a monthly allowance, more than enough for living in Spain as a student.
• Have support from the school’s designated Tutor and from Meddeas, helping the language assistant in his/her task.
• Teach children aged two to eighteen, learners' English levels range from beginner to advance.
There are two lodging options: full board accommodation with a host family or independently housing, depending on your own interests. Families in these programmes are linked to the school and chosen by its principal. Partly because of the obligations with the family, the assistants living with a host family will be teaching at the school 4 days a week. During the programme, the family will cover meals and accommodation expenses.
Desirable candidate profile:
• Native-level English speaker. TEFL or TESOL preferred.
• Competence in the Spanish language is not required.
• Recent graduates (last four years) OR university students OR gap years. Any degree!
• No previous teaching experience needed.
• Someone who enjoys working with children and / or young people.
• Energetic and imaginative.
• With no criminal records.
Contact us via email at the address given on the job heading.
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.