"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL Job in Japan (2)
Date posted:2012-06-06 | Writer: Active English Academy | Email: email@example.com
Active English Academy has openings for dynamic EFL teachers who relish the challenge of teaching in various settings, i.e. not only in-house at our various schools but also in the public school system in Oshu, Iwate, Japan. This combination affords you the wonderful opportunity of meeting and learning about life in Japan from students and colleagues of all ages and backgrounds. We also run an international kindergarten in Morioka, the capital city of Iwate prefecture where you can help out at fun events like Christmas Concert, etc. Active first opened its doors in 1992 with a handful of students and has in the last 20 years, grown to serve 5 communities in our prefecture.
* Oshu is a city of approximately 130,000 in central Iwate. It is flanked by mountain ranges to the east and the west with easy access to major cities located to the north and south. (Tokyo is 2.5 ~ 3 hours south by superexpress train. Fukushima is about 200kms away.) The nearest ski resort is only a 40-minute drive while the nearest coast is an hour and a half to the east.
* The positions offered are NOT for the faint-hearted, shy or those with communication or major homesickness issues. Active English Academy is the place for TEFL teachers who are independent, loyal, respectful, kind and most of all who have a strong desire to leave the place better than when they first came. Our Teachers must have a passion for teaching and helping the school reach out to the community.
* Successful applicants will be a part of a dedicated and incredible team of all-star teachers that anyone would be proud and honored to work with!
* *THE REQUIREMENTS
1. * University degree
2. * Native English speaker
3. * Teaching experience preferred, with TEFL or TESOL certification.
4. * Happy, energetic, enthusiastic, confident person with a great sense of humor. We like to laugh!
5. * Fantastic people skills: Big, ready smiles, approachable and good at problem-solving
6. * Must love children and enjoy the challenge of teaching children & adults in a variety
7.* Strong work ethics: Industrious, conscientious, mature, loyal, honest, nurturing and
responsible with an abundance of initiative and creative energy.
Passionate about making a positive impact in & out of the classroom and imparting
solid values to students.
8. * Must enjoy living and working independently in a multi-cultural environment
9. * Preference for living in a smaller city (pop. 130,000), being closer to nature and all
the wonderful things it offers
* *THE PERKS
1.* Competitive salary starting at 250,000yen per month
2. * Completion bonus upon satisfactory completion of a 2-year contract with
possibility of renewal
3. * About 4 weeks of fixed, paid vacation per year
4. * Fully furnished accommodation with all rental set-up fees paid by the school
5. * Visa sponsorship
6.* Caring bosses, good school family
7. * Greenery and a gentle, friendly town
* *THE POSITION
1.* Commences July/August 2012
2. * In-class teaching hours: 24~32 hours / week
3. * Teaching children to adults. Ample opportunity to teach and learn from a variety of
age groups. Never a dull moment!
4. * Freedom to create own supplement materials to complement textbooks and curricula
used in class, if teacher so wishes
5. * Some administrative and PR work
* * CONTACT:
Email us at the address given on the job heading. Please include your:
(1) cover letter (tell us about yourself, your teaching philosophy and reasons for applying for the position) (2) updated resume (3) university degree and transcripts
(4) full-length photo (no more than 6 months old)