"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Jobs For EFL Instructors in Indonesia
Date posted:2015-03-31 | Writer: Wall Street English | Email: John.Kotcher@pearson.com
Wall Street English is one of the world's most successful private English language schools and currently employs TEFL certified teachers in 29 countries with over 470 centers. With just 6 years in business in Jakarta, WSE's success has been phenomenal – now over 8,000 students.
The school’s design is one built on the principals of elegance and innovation, intent on redefining the way Indonesians think about English schools. Our schools are 5-star quality, high-end educational institutes with a modern, cosmopolitan gleam located in high-end shopping malls.
Our students are mostly in their late teens, twenties or thirties, and are a blend of university students, office workers, high school students, housewives, and even celebrities. They are generally well-read and well-traveled, making them great conversationalists.
Wall Street English is owned by Pearson, the largest and most successful education company in the world. Our schools here in Indonesia have won the 'Best Service in Asia' awards and 'Best Service Globally' as well. So you can be sure that we are a company which holds to only the highest of standards.
Why teach at Wall Street Institute?
* Great starting salary package
* Teachers receive a year-end bonus worth one month's salary
* Teachers who renew their contract are given an additional $800 renewal bonus
* Incoming airfare is reimbursed up to $1,100
* 1 month of vacation time: 16 days of annual leave and roughly 15 national paid holidays
* 100% of visa and work permit costs are covered
* Medical insurance is provided for both out- and in-patient care
* The average classroom size is 1:3
* Adult students + small classes = no classroom management
* Pre-designed lesson plans = no lesson planning, more free-time and higher quality of life outside work to enjoy Indonesia!
* We have high standards for recruiting staff, both locals and ex-pats, so you are guaranteed to be working with great colleagues
* We have internet for teachers and free flow of coffee
* Ample opportunity for professional growth and promotion, including managerial opportunities opening up due to our expansion plans over the next 5 years
* Housing is not provided but we'll help you get situated
* 40-hour Teacher Excellency Training is provided
* Private airport pickup and transportation upon arrival
* Teachers are put up in a hotel for up to 5 days fully paid
* Staff will assist teachers in finding accommodation and setting up a bank account
* $200 spending money is given on arrival
* Bachelors degree or higher specifically majoring in English, Linguistics, Education with an English-subject focus, Comparative Literature or TEFL (Non-negotiable government requirement)
* TEFL or equivalent certified
* Native language English speaker with passport from the U.S., U.K., Canada, Australia, or New Zealand (Non-negotiable government requirement)
* Be able to obtain a health certificate stating you are healthy in body/mind and free of HIV/AIDS (Non-negotiable government requirement)
* Age between 25-55 years old (Non-negotiable government requirement)
* 2+ years removed from BA degree, with some ESL teaching experience (Non-negotiable government requirement)
* Passionate about both teaching and life; friendly and outgoing
* Professionally dressed and well-groomed
Please write a cover letter in the body of your email indicating why you want to work at Wall Street Jakarta and attach only your CV to the address given on the job heading: Attention: John Kotcher
Please note that only candidates who meet the above requirements and provide an adequate cover letter will be contacted.
Due to the large volume of applicants, kindly do not attach any additional files. Later in the recruitment process we will request CELTA/ TEFL certificates, college diplomas/transcripts, professional references, and other documentation if we choose to move forward with an application.
Thank you for your interest in joining Wall Street English Indonesia – we look forward to hearing from you!