Date posted:2016-05-05 | Writer: Experior Asia | Email: [email protected]
Experior Asia is an innovative Hong Kong based company, offering a fresh new approach towards teaching English abroad with your TEFL skills. Our aim is to help encourage and improve English language learning through sourcing the best teaching talent available. Experior Asia cares about you by providing professional and personal support throughout the entire teaching contract.
We ensure your transition to life in Hong Kong is not just smooth, but is also an amazing experience. At Experior Asia we take pride in our friendly and personalised approach, offering the opportunity to develop an impressive international CV.
• Teach approx. 25 hours per week. Unlike every other centre, we cap our teachers teaching hours for the sake of quality, passion and having enough energy to ensure each class is awesome
• Student journalling
• Report writing
• Meeting with your centre manager to account for every single one of your students
• Updating parents periodically
• Attend meetings
• Planning for special events
• Participate in continuous professional development
• Native level English
• Excellent spoken, written and grammar skills. TEFL /TESOL certification preferred.
• Confidence – able to present oneself to parents confidently
• Presentable – you look like a professional teacher
• Able to work with a range of children’s ages, from toddlers to primary aged children
• Team player
• Positive, fun, active, outgoing personality
• Able to work independently
• Able to work to deadlines
• Enjoys interacting with children
• Full time employment
• 5 day working week
• Day off on Sunday plus one other day in the week.
• Working hours 09:30 – 18:30
• Annual Leave 14 days (Not including the public holidays. You will be reimbursed a holiday, on a prorata basis, if your day coincides with a public holiday)
• MPF contribution
• Medical (upon passing probation)
• Attractive salary
• Accommodation provided (optional)
• Join the Experior Asia community
• The Centre offer full Sponsorship to study for a Post Graduate degree and a Masters Degree in Education. There is no ranking restrictions or tenure restrictions – this means you don’t need to work for a few years and reach a grade before you are eligible, but there are other conditions which apply so that there is a mutual benefit.
• The centre will sponsor the candidate to become an Oxford University Press RWI accredited teacher, and depending on needs, Comprehension & Writing by Oxford accredited teacher, Oxford Reading Tree Playgroup by Oxford accredited teacher. This training is compulsory for all our teachers and is conducted externally by the staff over at Oxford University Press (Hong Kong).
• After the candidate has passed the training, they will become an Oxford University Accredited Teacher in a given subject and hold a certificate issued by Oxford University Press that permits the teacher to teach that specific programme.
TEACHING AGE RANGE:
• Children from the age of 3 years old to 11 years.
• The majority of students lie in the kindergarten and lower primary age range.
• Curriculum development – All our teachers are assigned responsibilities towards improving and developing our curriculum
• Teaching related administration – We favour our teachers building a solid rapor with their students’ parents. Aside from building a relationship with the parents, you will be expected to complete assessments and progress reports in accordance to each programme at the end of each module/level.
• Parents update – expected to be in constant communication with your parents to keep them up to date with the development of their child.
All teachers are expected to take sub classes at other branches from time-to-time, however you predominantly be based in one location.
Contact us via email at the address given on the job heading.
Contact Person: Ian Molyneux
Contact Number: (HK) +852 5134 4000
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.