Date posted:2018-09-17 | Writer: New Hope for Cambodian Children | Email: [email protected]
New Hope for Cambodian Children (a Cambodian NGO) are recruiting experienced and enthusiastic teachers who seek an opportunity to work with children in residential care, living in rural Cambodia. Our school is an English-language immersion school operated by New Hope for Cambodian Children as part of their mission to provide quality education for the HIV+ children in their care. We are located 33 Km from the capital Phnom Penh, in a rural village surrounded by rice fields.
Positions available for the 2018 – 2019 academic year starting in October include:
Primary School – Grades 4, 5 and 6 and 7
Subjects: English, Mathematics, Social Studies and Science
• Class sizes average 12 to 20 students
• 20 contact hours with students per week
• Teachers design lessons based on Cambodian Government statements
• Academic year from late October to early August
• Compensation includes US$200 per month plus private onsite accommodation, all meals and the cost of a year business visa.
• NHCC does NOT provide airfare for first year teachers
• Native level English language speakers
• Degree in Education or TESOL / TEFL qualifications
• One year of classroom based teaching experience, including behaviour management
• Recent police clearance
• Experience working or traveling for extended periods in a foreign country
• Ability to live communally in a rural setting
To apply for a position, or request additional information, please email your CV and a cover letter, stating the grade position you are interested in, to John Tucker at the address given on the job heading.
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.