"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
250-hour TESOL diploma course no tutor (+ free course)
The TESOL/TEFL Diploma is the most advanced online TESOL/TEFL certification that we offer. The course is specifically designed for TEFL/TESOL certified teachers who are looking to further their training and knowledge by completing a high level qualification.
There are several reasons why people enrol on our online TESOL/TEFL Diploma course including:
- To enhance their development and knowledge as an EFL teacher.
- The potential to earn a higher income.
- The opportunity to obtain a more prestigious teaching position.
TESOL/TEFL Diploma Course Content
The course is divided into 11 separate modules as outlined below:
- Course outline
- Module 1: Study Skills
- Module 2: A Brief History of ELT
- Module 3: Second Language Acquisition
- Module 4: Course Design
- Module 5: Discourse Analysis
- Module 6: Material Design
- Module 7: Phonology
- Module 8: Assessment Methods
- Module 9: Classroom Management
- Module 10: Embedding Learning Technologies
- Module 11: Continuing Professional Development
- Summative Task (Thesis)
With the exception of the thesis, all modules require roughly 21 hours of study. The summative task is a research-based thesis which generally requires about 20 hours to finish. Therefore, you should expect the course to take around 250 hours to complete.
TESOL/TEFL Diploma Course Aims
Our advanced online TESOL/TEFL Diploma course includes a wide variety of subjects, from material design to different learning theories, all of which are designed to give you a clearer understanding of your role as an EFL teacher.
As you make your way through the course you should find that many of your existing skills gradually improve, such as your research skills and writing ability. The course should also help you to develop many other transferable skills that you will find useful both inside and outside of the classroom.
Diploma Course Assessment
The course is assessed on a continuous basis. After studying the contents of each module you will be able to access the multiple choice test for that module.
Once you submit your answers your test will be marked automatically and you will be able to monitor your progress on a bar chart. This process is repeated through each of the eleven modules. To complete the course you will need to submit the research thesis as outlined in the summative task.
Upon successful completion of the task sheets and the research project, you will receive your online TESOL/TEFL Diploma certificate.
TESOL/TEFL Diploma Course Pre-requisites
To enrol on this advanced level course you must:
- Have completed a TESOL/TEFL or equivalent certificate course.
- Be or have been a practicing teacher.
- Be able to finish all the course content and projects within one year.
Post Course Job Guidance
Once you have completed your course, we pledge to provide you with all the reasonable services and assistance we can to help you secure a TESOL/TEFL job. This includes the following:
- Resume/CV preparation guidance.
- How to find TESOL/TEFL employment vacancies.
- How to best apply for TETESOL/TEFLFL jobs.
- Interview preparation guidance.
We will provide these services and more for the duration of your teaching career.
TESOL/TEFL Diploma Special Offer:
Sign up for our online TESOL/TEFL Diploma course without tutor support before the end of this month and receive the 120-hour TESOL/TEFL certificate course free of charge. Diploma course applicants that are already TEFL/TESOL certified can choose either the CTEYL or CTBE course as their free course option.