Date posted:2023-11-12 | Writer: ILA Vietnam | Email: [email protected]
Vietnam has long been renowned for its exquisite cuisine, friendly people and scenic world heritage sites. For expatriates, Vietnam proves to be one of the best countries to work in for its incredibly affordable living costs and lovely tropical weather. Join our quest to inspire the next generation of Vietnamese learners while experiencing the beauty of this country!
ILA is one of the largest international language providers in Vietnam, with over 25 years of experience in the education industry and a diverse team of 700+ qualified expatriate teachers working at over 60 Language Centres across the country. At ILA, teachers have the opportunity to teach students across a wide range of age groups and abilities. We take pride in the Training and Support we offer our teachers, giving them the opportunity to develop their teaching skills and advance their career development.
Here at ILA Vietnam, we have small class sizes and all the support and resources a teacher could wish for, including centres that are designed, built and equipped to the highest standards, and dedicated support throughout the Visa & Work Permit application process for our international colleagues. Celebrated as a recipient of HR Asia Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Awards in 2023, we have made remarkable efforts in fostering an outstanding work environment that values and respects every individual's unique perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. We place a strong emphasis on academic quality, as reflected in our approach to teacher recruitment, development, support and management. Our teachers also have numerous opportunities to move up the corporate ladder in one of the Best Companies to Work for in Asia as awarded by HR Asia in 2022 & 2023.
Your responsibilities are as follows:
- Prepare and deliver dynamic and communicative lessons across a range of levels to students to the standards set out in the Teacher Handbook and following the ILA Young Learner syllabus.
- To follow, adapt and supplement the prescribed project lessons and develop strategies to ensure successful academic outcomes.
- To actively link the academic programme with the projects through meaningful activities in the classroom.
- To ensure students receive constructive and positive feedback on any completed work.
- To assist in the placement testing and classroom allocations of all students.
- Undertake essential administrative tasks, such as keeping up-to-date records of work, classroom registers, lesson plans, assessments, etc. as directed by the Centre Manager, Teaching & Learning Manager, or Senior Teacher in accordance with the requirements.
- Share academic materials and resources as needed.
- Carry out any duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Centre Manager, Teaching & Learning Manager, or Senior Teacher.
To work at ILA as a Teacher you need:
- English proficiency level: Native
- Minimum 3-year Bachelor's degree
- A recognised qualification in English Language Teaching with a duration of 120+ hours (TEFL Level 4 Certificate or higher, AVSE TESOL, CELTA/Trinity, or equivalent)
- Candidates with teaching practice/experience highly preferred. Additionally, to work in Da Nang, Nha Trang and Vung Tau, employment record demonstrating up to 3 years of English Teaching experience is compulsory.
Salary and Benefits
EXTRA BONUSES AVAILABLE: Now is the best time to apply - You can receive a 5 MILLION VND Early Start Bonus and up to 5 MILLION VND Flight Bonus for starting work in November (terms applied). An additional up to 28 MILLION VND Relocation Bonus is applicable for certain working locations (*).
(*) 28 million VND Relocation Bonus applicable for positions in Binh Duong. 10 million VND Relocation Bonus applicable for positions in Ba Ria, Can Tho and Hai Phong.
Other benefits include:
- Competitive hourly rate of up to 520,000 VND/hour
- Additional hourly teaching supplement*
- Housing Allowance*
- Contract Completion Bonus
- Contract Re-signing Bonus
- Holiday Bonus
- Paid Induction
- Up to 6 nights accommodation on arrival
- Visa & Work permit organized and covered by ILA
- Premium Health Insurance
- On-going professional development
- Rotation/relocation opportunities
*Applicable in certain work locations.
For all enquiries and details on how to apply, please contact the email address given in the job heading.