"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Employment teaching EFL in Vietnam (2)
Date posted:2007-01-30 | Writer: Apollo Education and Training | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Opportunities at International House
In Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
(Apollo Education and Training)
Spend a working summer in a fascinating country and experience the unique cultural combination of old and new, traditional and modern.
We offer an attractive 12 week package for full time summer teachers, with less teaching hours than previous years, to leave ample time for exploring the city and getting a feel for the culture and people.
The majority of vacancies are in Hanoi, with some positions also available in Ho Chi Minh City and on our summer program to be held in Danang.
· An allowance of $435 per month
· Good standard accommodation provided including water and electricity bills.
· $1000 contract flight allowance ($500 upon arrival and $500 at the end of the 12 week period receipts and ticket required).
· Tax liability borne by Apollo.
· Visa cost - (receipts required)
· Transport to and from the airport on arrival and departure
· Overtime payment of $16-$20 per hour (depending on experience and qualifications)
· Commitment to professional development and high teaching standards
· In-house training program
?Wide range of resources and modern facilities
· Variety of course types
?Academic and personal support from a dedicated team
· Native English speaker
· BA or MA
· CELTA/ Trinity TESOL or equivalent
· At least one year's experience or B in CELTA
· Enthusiasm, energy and a strong sense of cultural awareness are essential
12 week contract (end of May - beginning of August 2007)
222 teaching hours over the 12 weeks
Overtime paid at the end of the contract on teaching hours over the 222 contracted hours
Teachers are expected to teach on a range of programs, including the young learner summer program and the adult public program as well as the extra curricular activities program. Opportunities are also available on our summer camps (two weeks on a residential camp)
Classes are scheduled from 7.30am to 9.30pm, Monday - Sunday; teachers may be scheduled anytime during these hours, over a 5 or 6 day timetable.
Placement testing and attendance for extra curricular activities are paid at admin rate
(2 admin hours = 1 teaching hour.)
Normal admin duties such as preparing classes, marking tests, writing reports, attending
in-house training and meetings etc are considered part of teaching duties and therefore there is no extra remuneration for these.
Part time teaching opportunities are also available for our summer program with a very competitive hourly rate ranging from $16 to $20 depending on qualifications and experience.
Please visit our website for more detailed information about working at Apollo and living in Vietnam
Ms. Ronnie Hill