"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
EFL Teachers Required in Vietnam
Date posted:2013-05-14 | Writer: Shane English Centre, Vietnam | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for either newly qualified or experienced EFL teachers who have a passion for educating students of all ages to join our team in Ho Chi Minh City, the largest city in Vietnam. Shane English Centre's parent company is the Saxoncourt Group, a company with operations in 12 countries worldwide. With 250 schools around the world, we are a truly global English school.
At present we employ 7 foreign English teachers in our two Ho Chi Minh centres. Teachers receive two days off a week and will teach between 20 to 25 hours per week. We have extensive teaching materials which supplement our own published course books as well as IT facilities and a resource library. Our teaching approach focuses on the communicative approach to encourage students to speak English in a natural way, making use of role plays, group work, projects, drama as well as standard course book activities.
Most of our students are young learners aged 3 to 14, and we do also run adults and Business English classes as well as off-site kindergarten classes. Maximum group sizes are 18 students per class and we have local teaching assistants to help with classroom management.
Training our teachers is of utmost importance to us here at Shane. All teachers are supported by a Director of Studies and a Senior Teacher. We hold frequent training workshops and meetings to ensure that our staff stay on top of their game and provide effective lessons.
• 20 - 25 hours teaching per week
• Lesson planning
• Take part in school parties and events
• Excellent salary: 1,500 " 1,800 USD / month (25 hours at 15 - 18 USD / hour) rate depends on teaching experience)
• Work visa provided
• Holidays " details to be discussed during the interview
• Insurance " details to be discussed during the interview
• On-going training and academic support
• Salary increases in subsequent years
• Promotion opportunities within the Shane network
Note: Cost of living in Vietnam is very low, teachers’ salary goes a long way and allows for a high standard of living.
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL certificate
• Fluent English with a clear accent
• Experience teaching young learners preferred
• Plenty of passion and energy
How to apply
Please send the following to Aidan, at the e-mail address given on the job heading.
• Covering letter
• Recent photo
• Degree & TEFL certificates (scan)
• Passport photo page (scan)
• Include in the subject heading the reference no. SHVNEE03A
Note: In order to have your work visa processed, you will be required to have your educational certificates notarised and authenticated.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.