Date posted:2013-07-30 | Writer: International Language Center | Email: [email protected]
We are a small language school, teaching English and other languages to local people in a small town on the Andean sierra of Peru. We are always looking for foreign EFL teachers who want to work 4 or 5 hours a day with us for a volunteer stipend and get to know the real Andean culture, far away from the beaten tourist path. We have classes of all ages. We can offer you classes comprised of preschoolers, children aged 7-10, teenagers, or adults. Previously, the majority of our classes were adult, but now we’re moving to a higher proportion of teenaged students. We would normally offer staff classes of teenagers and adults, in a mixed schedule, with the option to teach children if you wish.
The classes are small, with just 4 – 12 students per class. Each lesson lasts between one and a half to two hours, generally, but not exclusively, in the evenings between 4 and 10pm.
● Volunteer stipend
● ILC offers help with finding accommodation close to your workplace, detailed guidance in finding your way around the city, and on trips around Amazonas and the north of Peru / Ecuador
● Help with visa renewals and immigration procedures, and also with securing work visas (the latter if you are staying long-term
● Translation service, if you get sick or have problems, ILC can help you out
● Help in learning about Peruvian cooking, or folk music, or dancing, salsa…
● Close knit team of staff, who are helpful and informative
● Other foreigners working alongside you, from a range of worldwide countries
● Alumnus network of ILC staff and ILC ex-staff who maintain strong links with the school, and can give advice on travel and employment in Peru
●Friendly local community
● Excellent place to learn Spanish through immersion, as virtually nobody in the north of Peru speaks any English. Spanish clases are available in the school.
● ILC is an established school, with a great reputation, since 2003
● ILC offers formal job references in excellent English, so working at ILC doesn’t form a questionable gap in your resume
● ILC is the only school in the Amazonas region to teach interactively and communicatively,
● ILC Library (of movies and books in English, Spanish, French…) is available to staff without charge
● ILC gives you the opportunity to teach children, young children, teenagers or adults.
● Opportunities to extend your experience in other cities at our satellite schools
● ILC gives you the opportunity to teach in smaller communities around Chachapoyas
● Small classes, with the opportunity to make real friendships and connections with your students
Contact us at the email given on the job heading for more details or to apply.
International Language Center – ILC
Jr Amazonas 1039
Chachapoyas, Amazonas, Perú
Tel. (+51) 41 478807
Cel. (+51) 941 878 563
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.