"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Jobs For TEFL Qualified Teachers in Korea
Date posted:2015-05-19 | Writer: Korean Horizons | Email: JOBS@KoreanHorizons.com
Korean Horizons have 8 Public Elementary Schools positions available for TEFL certified teachers in the Chungnam region. They start in June and July and are all 1 year contracts. There would only be 22 classes per week. 1 class would last for 40mins. Hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday. No weekends, no split shifts.
Salary is in accordance with the government’s pay scale. To entice teachers to teach more in the countryside, the government pays a higher salary. The larger locations pay the least.
Overtime in afterschool classes is often available to boost your salary.
• An orientation training program with EPIK
• Rent-free single furnished apartment near your school
• 300,000 won one-time settlement allowance
• Round-trip airfare allowance of 2,600,000 won
• 18 working days paid vacation + national holidays (5 weeks in total)
• Medical contributions
• Pension contributions
• 1 month salary bonus on completion of contract
• Sick paid leave allowance
• Special leave allowance
• 1 week additional paid vacation (6 weeks in total) if you renew your contract after the first year + increase in pay + renewal bonus 2.0m won
• Korean co-teacher to assist with your classes
• Airport pickup, hotel for 1 evening & transport to the education office / school
• Introduction pack (including book on learning Korean, a Lonely Planet Phrasebook, English/Korean dictionary, & other goodies)
• Order anything you like from any online Korean store & pay us back once you receive your first pay check.
To apply, send your resume to the email address given on the job heading with ‘Chungnam PS’ in the subject line.