Date posted:2022-09-14 | Writer: IB Japan Co. Ltd. | Email: [email protected]
IB Japan is looking for native-speakers of English with a profound desire to live in Japan and enhance their teaching skills. We are seeking such individuals for positions in Autumn 2022.
The Sapporo, Hokkaido position is at a prestigious sports center working with the coaching staff and teaching primarily children. This position is intended for active, athletic, and fitness-oriented individuals that would like to teach in a unique setting. Our special program in Sapporo gives all children of all ages a special opportunity to stay fit while learning English!
The Chiba position places you closer to Tokyo in a more urban setting. The position requires a teacher comfortable teaching all ages from 3 years old to adult. Class sizes are from 1 to 8. Here are some reasons why Chiba is so popular:
• Famous temples that include the beatiful Narita Temple and gardens, Kashima Shrine, Kasamori-ji, and also Kenkonzen nohon-ji. (Please check these)
• From beautiful beaches to mountains and everything in between there are lots of places to enjoy the great outdoors.
• Home to Disneyland and Disney Sea which are actually in Chiba and NOT Tokyo.
• Easy access to Tokyo's fantastic culinary and entertainment scenes without the high cost of Tokyo living.
• A variety of train lines making access to Tokyo and other parts of Japan more convenient.
• If shopping is your thing, there are a number of malls and especially outlet malls throughout Chiba.
• Low cost of living.
• Centrally located in Japan making it easy to explore other parts of Japan.
Now about the Job! Details include:
• An 18 month contract & 5 day workweek.
• Transportation fees from your home to the schools are fully reimbursed.
• 5 weeks paid vacation (2 weeks in the winter, 2 weeks in the summer, 1 week in the Spring) plus additional contingency days.
• Full visa sponsorship
• A partially furnished apartment (rent deducted from salary).
• A five day training program followed by a 5 day observation period.
• The average stay of our teachers at IB is 3 years.
IB Japan Program: We are an English conversation education institute with 40 years of experience and 60 school locations. We are located in Chiba Prefecture which borders Tokyo, but we also have schools in Tokyo, Saitama, Ibaraki, Gunma, Yamaguchi, and Hokkaido.
1) Your resume or CV
2) Cover letter
3) Professional & casual photos
4) Other support certification, i.e. TEFL/TESOL
5) DON'T FORGET your contact info, e.g. Phone Number, Skype Contact, etc.
6) State your location preference 0987=0
To apply, please send the documents listed above to the email address in the job heading.
We are looking for people who feel that teaching is their calling:
"Better than a thousand days of diligent study, is one day with a great teacher." (A Japanese proverb)
Japan is opening up its borders to overseas visitors. Please contact ASAP and start your application process.