"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL Teachers Needed in Indonesia
Date posted:2008-12-07 | Writer: The British Institute Surabaya | Email: email@example.com
The British Institute (TBI) has been the quality benchmark for English teaching in Indonesia since 1984 and currently has 15 schools in seven cities in Indonesia. TBI Darmo Kali is located in Surabaya, Indonesia, and has been open since March 2006.
We are currently looking for three enthusiastic Native Speaker teachers who would like to join a fast growing English Language school between February and March 2009. The successful applicants will be contracted for 22 teaching hours a week, but will be expected to be prepared do up to four hours of overtime. The successful applicants will teach all levels and ages, including Young Learners, Global English and Business English and teach both on site (at the school) and off site (in local schools or companies). The successful applicants will also be contracted to teach a Monday to Friday week.
Surabaya is the second largest city in Indonesia and is the Financial, Trading, and Educational center for Eastern Indonesia. It is a short flight away to Bali and Lombok and is near one of the largest national parks in Indonesia.
TEFL, TESOL, CELTA, Trinity or equivalent certification (120-hour face-to-face (not online) course with assessed teaching practice) and a university degree or certification of Higher Education. We prefer teachers with experience, but are prepared to consider newly qualified applicants.
N.B. Please note, due to Indonesian employment regulations, we are only able to employ native speaker teachers holding passports from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom or the United States.
• A salary of 10.5 million Rupiah a month with increments for experience
• Support and assistance to help you settle in including an Interest Free Loan of up to one and a half times salary
• Ongoing professional development, including training grants
• Career advancement prospects
• Excellent medical coverage
• An end of contract bonus of $ 800 US dollars (reviewed annually)
• A five-day week with limits on teaching hours
• Six weeks paid holiday a year (including one week for Idul Fitri and one week for Christmas), plus national holidays, giving you a chance to see more of Indonesia.
To apply, contact the e-mail address given on the job heading page.