"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL in Malang, Indonesia
Date posted:2006-05-01 | Writer: EF English First | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A RAPIDLY GROWING SCHOOL IN EXOTIC SUNNY EAST JAVA SEEKING QUALIFIED TEACHERS
Malang is 90 km south of Surabaya (the second largest city in Indonesia) and is surrounded by mountains. Malang is a much smaller city than Surabaya and it is known as a centre of rest and recreation because of the noticeably cooler climate and the beauty of the surrounding countryside.
About EF English First
English First is a large and well-established organization with over 50 schools in Indonesia alone. The Surabaya franchisee runs eight very successful schools in East Java and one in Bali. We employ between 40 and 50 native speakers, so we have regular positions available for teachers. The next positions will start in May / June.
Our Academic Programs
* Class size is limited to 15, but averages about 10. Most students attend high school or university, but there are also growing numbers of young learners and Business English groups. English levels range from beginner to advanced.
* Each school has a comprehensive language resource library and a computer room with up-to-date software.
* Teachers are provided with comprehensive syllabuses for every course, but are encouraged to adapt them for their individual teaching style and their students' needs.
* Most of our classes meet in our schools in the afternoons and evenings, Mondays to Fridays. There are occasional opportunities for voluntary overtime classes at other times and locations.
What you offer
* A TEFL certificate such as the CELTA, Trinity or equivalent, with a minimum of 100 hours' study and including observed teaching practice.
* A professional approach to teaching.
* A willingness to teach a range of courses with students of different age groups.
* A readiness to adapt to living and working in Indonesia.
What we offer
* A renewable one-year contract with a salary allowing a comfortable lifestyle and travel within Indonesia.
* One-way airfare from country of hire, and airfare to country of origin upon completion of contract.
* Full working visa.
* A bonus of one month's salary upon contract completion.
* 15 vacation days, in addition to two weeks of vacation when the school is closed and about 10 days a year of public holidays. All these are paid holidays.
* Health insurance.
* A fully furnished house shared with other EF teachers, or a housing allowance to go towards the cost of renting and furnishing your own house.
* A dynamic and supportive working environment with opportunities for career development.
To apply, please send your CV/resume by e-mail to Imelda Lazuardy at this address:
We guarantee to respond to every applicant.
We regret that due to strict immigration regulations we can only consider applicants who are nationals of the Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK and the USA.
For more information, or to apply online, please visit our website: