"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL in Indonesia - Padang
Date posted:2006-02-08 | Writer: EF English First Padang | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
EF English First Padang, West Sumatera, Indonesia is seeking qualified native speaking English teachers for Young Learners and Adults, available to teach in March 2006.
About the city:
Indonesia is one of the most beautiful and fascinating nations in the world. Situated on West Sumatera, Padang, as a capital city of West Sumatera, is ideally located for visits to Bukittinggi, Mentawai island, the other small islands around Mentawai, Maninjau Lake, Singkarak Lake, many nice beaches, many mountains, and also to the rest of Asia (Malaysia and Singapore). There are beautiful beaches to the north and south from where you can charter a boat to one (or more) of the peaceful uninhabited islands. The Mentawai islands are popular with surfers from all over the world. Two hours away from Padang, there is Bukittinggi (high hill), a popular city among tourists with cool mountain air and pretty features and nearby Lake Maninjau is a haven of peace and tranquility and there's lots more places to discover where hardly any tourists go, simply because they're not in any of the popular guide books. Padang is acknowledged as one of the most attractive towns in Sumatera and has some lovely old Minangkabau architecture and culture. Compared to other Indonesian cities of that size, Padang (pop about 800, 000) is very clean and has wide tree lined streets, very leafy indeed. It is also generally known as an educational centre with large numbers of university students living in the city and its ethnically diverse population is known to be very friendly and tolerant. English First Padang is located in the heart of Padang and just minutes away from the Indian Ocean.
About EF English First:
English First is a large and well-established organization, and is this year celebrating its 41st year involved in education around the world. In Indonesia there are currently 58 English First schools in operation. EF English First is an international company dedicated to educational exchange and English education. More than 2 million people have chosen to learn a language with EF.
EF English First Padang is a locally owned franchise supported by a worldwide network of affiliated branches and offices. Also the primary training center with native speakers serving communities in Padang and surrounding areas. Since its opening in February 2004, EF Padang has had a steadily increasing enrollment and is committed to excellence in meeting the language needs of its students. Now is your chance to gain experience with the fastest-growing language school in the world, EF English First. Around half of our teachers will be on their second year. They have decided to stay because they like living in Padang and they enjoy working for our school. Teachers have the best of both worlds: a nice place to live.
Our Academic Programs:
* Our course offerings are well developed and include comprehensive English language training programs for Young Learners (starting from 3 years old), General English (levels range from Introduction to post-advanced), Business English, Conversation, and International Exam Preparation (TOEFL and IELTS).
* Class size is limited to 14, but averages about 10. The majority of our students are high school and university-aged, but we also have growing numbers of Young Learners and Business English groups (adult professionals).
* We have a video room and a computer lab with up-to-date software for media-based lessons, a very extensive language resource for teachers, and a developing library for students.
* Instructors are provided with comprehensive syllabuses for every course they are asked to teach but are encouraged to adapt them for their students' needs and individual teaching style.
What you offer:
* An accredited Bachelor Degree certificate or equivalent in any subject from a University or college.
* An accredited CELTA, Trinity, TEFL, TESOL certificate or equivalent (minimum 4weeks- NOT online) intensive course that included observed and extensive teaching practice. Previous teaching experience outside of the TEFL course is preferred, but not essential. Those without certification but with supportable experience will also be considered.
* You should have an enthusiasm for teaching young learners as well as adults and willing to commit yourself to the responsibilities of a full-time teaching position.
* You should also be a team player and have a positive outlook.
* A flexibility of character which permits adaptation to life and work in a developing tropical country, likes meeting people, making friends who have self-motivation, a caring personality, communicative, and interest in Indonesian culture.
* A positive attitude and sense of humor.
What we offer:
* A competitive rupiah based salary equivalent to that of a middle manager.
* One way economy-class airfare from city of hire and one way economy-class airfare to city of origin upon completion of one year contract.
* Full working visa.
* A renewable one year contract.
* A bonus of one month's salary upon contract completion for re-signing an additional one year contract.
* 10 vacation days in addition to approximately 20 days off when the school is closed during Lebaran, Christmas, and New Year, and approximately 10 days a year of government public holidays.
* Free internet access in working place.
* Accommodation in a fully furnished house shared with other EF teachers. It is located in the heart of Padang and just minutes away from the Indian Ocean.
* A pleasant, dynamic, and supportive working environment offering many opportunities for career development.
If you are interested to apply and would like to know more about the position, please send a cover letter, a full CV/resume, a recent photograph, a copy of your passport, copy of your degree certificates, and 2 professional referees by e-mail to The Director at: email@example.com
Please include in your cover letter, brief details of your working history to date, your reasons for wanting to come to Indonesia, a telephone number, and convenient day and time when you can be reached. We will be conducting a telephone interview for short-listed candidates.
Due to strict Immigration Regulations we are only able to consider applicants from UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia.
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest, but regret that only those qualified will be contacted. However, all resumes received will be kept on file for future positions.