"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Teach EFL in Dili, East Timor
Date posted:2004-11-26 | Writer: East Timor English Language Institute | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
East Timor English Language Institute, Dili, East Timor is seeking qualified teachers to teach English to working adult learners.
There will be positions available in the capital Dili starting in January 2005.
Dili is the capital of the newest country in the world. After a 25 year struggle for independence from Indonesia, East Timor is facing many challeneges as it establishes itself as a new nation. One of these challenges is the capacity of Timorese human resources to relate to the rest of the world using English. The incumbents will be charged with teaching Timorese learners working in Government, international donor agencies, NGO's, embassies and some private enterprises.
ETELI established itself and has grown and succeeded by responding to local needs and adapting to local conditions. ETELI is the largest provider of English courses in East Timor. Courses range from beginner to advanced, IELTS preparation and 'English for Specific Purposes' courses. All teachers are internationally qualified and experienced.
OUR ACADEMIC PROGRAMMES
Our primary objective is to help all of our students meet their language needs. The following provides candidates with a general idea of our academic environment:
- The majority of our students are working adults.
- Class size is limited to 15, but averages about 8.
- English levels range from beginners to advanced.
- There is a growing focus on specialised English courses, in particular Office and Administrative English; English for Academic Purposes and IELTS training is also of significant importance.
- There is computer, internet and photocopy access for teachers.
- Teachers are provided with guidelines for every course. They are strongly encouraged to adapt materials depending on their students' needs and their own teaching style.
WHAT YOU OFFER
- A suitable TEFL qualification.
- Teachers need to be able to work independently and some level of independent course design will be required.
- Previous teaching experience outside of the TEFL course is essential.
- An enthusiastic, committed approach to English teaching.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Return airfare from either Bali of Darwin for 6 months of service.
- Full working visa
- US dollar based salary allowing for a comfortable lifestyle
- Flexible, negotiated time off periods
We encourage all applicants to ask us as many questions as needed. Please send your CV/Resume by email to email@example.com
P.O. Box 199
Dili, East Timor (This address is very slow)