Date posted:2019-11-07 | Writer: Finnbrit Language Centre | Email: [email protected]
Finnish-British Society / Finnbrit Language Centre, is a registered non-profit membership society. We provide social and cultural activities, language training, and examination services with a focus on the IELTS and Cambridge examinations. The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the world’s most popular English language proficiency test for higher education and global migration. IELTS has been developed by some of the world’s leading language assessment experts and tests the full range of English skills needed for success in a new job or study placement abroad. We are now looking for you to join our team of IELTS Speaking Examiners!
The job consists of conducting the IELTS Speaking Tests according to the IELTS test framework. The job of the IELTS Speaking Examiner is a permanent position performed on a part-time basis, usually on Fridays and Saturdays. We will agree on the working hours together with you. Earnings are based on the number of tests carried out. You may choose to be employed by us or work with us via your own company. Our office is well-located in Punavuori, Helsinki, and can be reached easily by public transport.
To be able to perform in the role, you must have the following experience and qualifications:
• An undergraduate or Master’s degree
• A recognized qualification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TEFL/TESOL) or a recognized equivalent as part of a recognized university award course.
• Minimum of 3 years’ full-time (or the equivalent part-time) relevant TEFL/TESOL teaching experience (minimum one-year post-certificate level qualification). The majority of this teaching experience must relate to adult students (16 years and over).
Also, in terms of personal qualifications, we appreciate:
• Ability to listen and to focus
• A systematic and well-organized way of working
• A positive collaborative attitude and way of communicating.
• Ability to follow precise instructions in a live testing environment
• Cultural awareness and ability to work with test-takers from varying backgrounds
We would like you to start working as soon as possible after training. No Finnish or Swedish language is required; however, you must have the right to work in Finland.
Please send your CV to us at the address given on the job heading, indicating your competence and experience clearly against each of the above requirements. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email or call us on +358 9 687 7020 during our office hours.
We look forward to hearing from you and joining our international team!
Finnish British Society / Finnbrit Language Centre
Fredrikinkatu 20 A 9
Tel: +358 9 687 7020