Date posted:2015-01-15 | Writer: The English Institute | Email: [email protected]
The English Institute is a rapidly expanding English language school located in Budapest, Hungary focused on teaching English to adults for the purposes of English language communication in work and business. The school currently has four locations in Budapest and also offers English language instruction online.
• Did you know that according to CNN, Budapest is one of the world's best (2nd place) cities?
• Lonely Planet rates Budapest as one of Europe's top travel destinations (also 2nd place).
• And according to the European Backpacker Index 2014 Budapest is one of the most affordable cities in Europe.
• Find out what the buzz is about! Whether it's Budapest's unique "ruin pubs", the Europe-leading "Sziget" music festival, or the world class A38 boat/concert venue Budapest is where it's happening.
We are looking for TEFL qualified native level English speakers to fill the role of English language teacher. The success of the language school has proven that demand for personalized English language instruction in the premium segment is strong, and this position could represent an excellent opportunity and an unforgettable year abroad for the right candidate.
Tasks include teaching English as a second language (ESL) to adults in small group (3-5 students), mini (2 students) and individual (1:1) classes. Course focuses include general English, business English, and targeted preparation for job interviews, presentations and negotiations. Courses take place in our modern, high-level language centres in Buda and Pest, online, and on-site at companies in Budapest.
• internationally recognized ESL teaching qualification (CELTA, TESOL, TEFL, etc.),
• at least one year of English teaching experience,
• enthusiasm, professionalism, responsibility, and reliability,
• experience teaching business English,
• basic computer literacy,
• EU citizenship.
• experience and willingness to teach learners of a wide range of levels (A2-C1),
• experience in exam preparation for internationally recognized language exams such as TOEFL and IELTS,
• experience teaching English or living or working abroad,
• basic knowledge of and/or experience in business,
• openness to technology and news ways of teaching,
• basic awareness of news, trends, and current events.
What we offer:
• partial flight compensation within the EU,
• a 12 month contract with a guaranteed, fixed salary (paid holiday),
• premium clientele,
• professional support and guidance.
Contract duration: February 2014-February 2015 and March 2014-March 2015 (with a mutual option to extend).
How to Apply
Please send your CV with photo to the email address given on the job heading, together with a short (maximum one page) covering letter detailing why you might be interested in and qualified for the position.
Application deadline: Friday, 23 January 2015.
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.