"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL Jobs in China (2)
Date posted:2016-07-04 | Writer: United Study UK | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
United Study UK has regular opportunities in China for TEFL qualified teachers. There are currently two new schools in Wenzhou city, Zhejiang province that are looking for teachers who are available to start next month. Work visa and other expenses prior to settlement in China will be covered. Four EFL posts are available (no experience required but we also welcome those with experience!) The teacher reports to the Director of Studies (DOS) and Centre Manager (CM)
Teachers work for 40 hours per week, to be arranged by the DOS and/or the CM, including up to 87 real contract teaching hours per calendar month. This represents an average of 20 real hours per week over 4.33 weeks. This means that it is possible to teach more than 20 real hours some weeks and others less, averaging out to 20 real hours per week. Teachers will be required to work 5 days a week in the non-peak season and up to 6 days per week during the peak seasons.
During the peak seasons (June – August and January – February), teaching hours can rise to up to 113 real classroom hours per calendar month. Teachers may be asked to work morning and evening shifts in the same day. Teachers may have teaching duties in the centre or off-site.
• Carry out the timetable of classes assigned by the DOS
• Give lessons to the highest standards of English language teaching
• Become familiar with the programmes and courses of study at the centre
• Develop and use suitable supplementary materials as necessary
• Use audio / video materials in classes
• Expose students to the use of CALL, CD-ROMs, and the Internet
• Begin and end classes on time
• Prepare lessons and equipment in advance for all classes
• Become familiar with and implement the Course Management Procedures
• Administer, correct and record the results of progress reports, tests and assessments for students
• Substitute for absent colleagues, perhaps at short notice, on or off-site
• Be responsible for students’ welfare and progress
• Inform students of centre aims and objectives
• Cooperate with the CM and DOS in ensuring the constructive communication and efficient operation of the centre
• Meet regularly with the DOS to communicate all relevant information
• Assist the DOS upon request with the development and marketing of courses and induction of sales and teaching staff into the practices of the centre
• Maintain student and class records
• Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
• Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
• Attend centre social events
• Take on administrative work and/or projects including, but not limited to, cataloguing supplementary materials, giving workshops and organizing extra-curricular events, as directed by the DOS
• Keep the teachers’ room, equipment and resources well-organized and in good condition
• Be familiar with the administrative procedures employed by the centre
• Regularly evaluate own performance and progress
• Attend and participate in workshops in teacher development offered by the centre
• Observe and be observed by the DOS and teaching colleagues
• Be pro-active in improving teaching skills through sharing knowledge with colleagues, and using teaching resources found in the centre, EF Intranet, Internet and any other available sources
We offer an attractive salary, together with an accommodation allowance, paid holidays and contribution to flight costs.
For more information, please send a CV/resume and a photo to the email address given on the job heading.
Tel: +44(0) 7763 999 906