Date posted:2022-09-24 | Writer: Giraffe English | Email: [email protected]
Giraffe Inspire was established in Taiwan in 1986. Currently Giraffe English boasts over 700 schools across Taiwan, and in 2009 Giraffe opened its first doors in Shanghai. Now, Giraffe has expanded to over 140 schools across Mainland China with Shanghai being the flagship school for Mainland China. The Shanghai flagship school continually strives to incorporate new educational and management concepts.
Giraffe English teaches students 3 to 12 years old, and given the age of our students, our mission extends beyond teaching English. We at Giraffe believe that we must not only be effective teachers of English, but work to help create an environment where students can work and learn collaboratively.
• Participate in the teaching of educational drama classes.
• Help students build 5 literacies which include Aesthetics, Communication, Creativity, Imagination, Critical Thinking.
• Participate in curriculum planning and execution.
• 13-15 teaching hours per week.
• 40-hour workweek during probation.
• 30-hour work week including teaching hours after completion of probation.
• Lesson planning for students 3-12 years old.
• Participate in events and special activities based on Western holidays (Christmas, Halloween, etc.)
• Attend training and weekly meetings.
• Weekend classes with 2 days off during the week.
• Bachelor Degree
• TESOL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hours
• Fluent English speaker
• Patient, hardworking and passionate about teaching young learners
• Creative and has a good sense of humor
• Enjoy working with children
• 2 weeks hotel accommodation upon arrival in Shanghai
• Legal Z work visa provided
• Visa document reimbursement
• Health insurance provided
• Contract completion bonus of up to one month’s salary
• 30 days national and school holidays annually
• 5 days paid personal leave annually plus unpaid personal leave available
• Real possibility to receive raises within the first year
• Career development opportunities
• Professional pre-job training and extensive on-the-job training provided
To apply, please contact the email address given in the job heading.