Date posted:2005-03-14 | Writer: Sutherland Global Services | Email: [email protected]
Language Specialist: Mumbai (Maharashtra) and Chennai (Tamil Nadu), India
Position Title: Language Specialist
Category: EFL/ESOL/ESL Teacher/Instructor; also American Culture; Professional Conversation/Writing Skills
Location: Mumbai (Maharashtra) and Chennai (Tamil Nadu), India
Deadline: Immediate and Ongoing
Experience: EFL/ESOL/ESL Certification with minimum of two years teaching experience; phonetics specialization desirable; previous experience in India/South Asia preferred; previous experience in BPO/Contact Center industry a plus.
Requirements: Bachelor's Degree Required (Education, Applied Linguistics, Education, English, TESOL/EFL, or Communications); ESL/EFL/TESOL certification; 2+ years formal ESL teaching experience.
Language Specialist for Mumbai and/or Chennai, India
* Deliver formal, prepared classroom language curriculum to newly hired employees (approx. 50%)
* Quality monitoring of transactions to identify job-related issues (approx. 25%)
* Coach individuals 1 on 1, providing technical, linguistic, and conversational feedback on performance (25%)
* Night shifts and flexible shifts frequently required
* 1-year assignment in Mumbai and/or Chennai, India, with possibility of one-year renewal
* Consultant position
* Salary: Competitive salary (based on credentials and experience) and compensation package, including health insurance and transport to and from work.
* North American Native Speaker of English (born and raised in the US or Canada; US natives preferred)
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Applied Linguistics, Education, English, or Communications Required
* Masters in ESL/TEFL preferred
* 2+ years formal ESL teaching experience
* Familiarity with Microsoft Office Products, including PowerPoint, Windows, Excel and Word
* High-speed Internet connection at office
* Local Medical Life, and Accident Insurance Package (within Indian territory only).
* Economy class airfare (1 round trip at beginning and end of assignment and 1 round trip after 6 months)
* 3 weeks paid floating vacation, plus company holidays
* Prearranged transport to and from work
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please include current location/residence, contact details, and date of availability. Also, please include at least two references competent to speak to your teaching experience. No phone inquiries please.
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.