Date posted:2012-03-15 | Writer: Global English Centre | Email: [email protected]
Global English Centre (GEC) has a vacancy for a TEFL qualified teacher in Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia. GEC provides a variety of course types and lengths tailored to suit all academic abilities, from beginners to advanced, so candidates should be capable of teaching a variety of levels. Small classes ensure teachers have the opportunity to provide personal attention to each student. Our building is situated near the centre of the city business area, with major shopping facilities a short walk away. All of the classrooms within the college are fully air-conditioned, the computer rooms and wireless network throughout the building offers free internet access and email access.
Promote, nurture, and elevate the standard of students’ education by planning and delivering English courses; through monitoring and assisting with academic achievement and providing a safe environment conducive to learning.
• Carry out the curriculum activities within the parameters of teaching procedures and strategies of GEC.
• Implement the prepared lesson plan of all the curriculum activities
• Attend regular staff meetings.
• Record student’s developmental profiles
• Participate in the Centre’s organized activities
• Deal with class administration e.g. Ensuring official memos to students be disseminated, ensuring proper use of class attendance,
• Perform other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
• Maintain safe, secure, and healthy educational environment by establishing, following, and enforcing the Center’s standards and procedures
• Candidates MUST be a native speaker from Australia, US, UK, Ireland, Canada or New Zealand
• Hold a College/University Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• Hold a certificate in TEFL / TESOL / CELTA
• Minimum 3 years teaching experience. Preferably teaching IELTS.
Our Company Offers:
• Full-in-house academic support and career development program.
• Reimbursed air ticket, airport pick-up, accommodation and utilities, internet
• All visa costs paid for by GEC, health insurance
Interested candidates should submit a completed resume, and cover letter to Michael Kehoe at the e-mail address given on the job heading.
Global English Centre
No.24-0, Lot 115, Ground Floor, Block D,
Lorong Kingfisher Plaza 6, Plaza Kingfisher ,
88400 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.