If you want to take advantage of the many benefits of an in-class TEFL course you will have plenty of great locations to choose from. Once your course is complete you will have a good chance of securing your first teaching position in the local area thanks to the knowledge and contacts of our professional training center staff. Of course, you do not have to stay in the same area as there are always jobs on offer wherever you want to live and work. You can move onto a different part of the country, explore options in other countries in the same region, or move even farther afield. The choice is entirely yours.
Table of Contents
As teaching English in Europe is such a popular option, we have no less than seven training centers to choose from, across five different countries. All our centers in Europe are situated in or close to major markets for qualified EFL teachers, which means finding your first teaching position after your course should be relatively straightforward. Our in-class TEFL course locations in Europe are:
Our training center in the Czech Republic is located in the heart of the countryâs capital city, Prague. There are many great reasons why we recommend Prague for our courses and our trainees unanimously agree that it is a fantastic place to study, live, and work. Some of Pragueâs highlights include:
- Low cost of living: In comparison to many other countries in Europe, accommodation, transport, and socializing are very affordable on a teachers salary.
- Culture: Prague is a genuine cultural hotspot, with hundreds of theaters, museums, and art galleries, as well as three opera houses. You will also find a wide variety of music and sports venues to suit all tastes.
- Festivals: There always seems to be a festival of some sort running in Prague, from food, beer and wine, to art, film and theater.
- Nature: Despite its status as the nation's capital, Prague has plenty of options for getting back to nature. Hiking, mountain climbing, cycling, and camping are all popular pastimes with teachers and locals alike.
- History: With around one thousand years of history behind it, Prague has countless historical stories to tell. Exploring the city in your free time will never be dull.
- Beer: No article about Prague can avoid mentioning the cityâs world famous reputation for producing some of the best and most affordable beer in Europe.
Our training center in central Paris offers a modern and welcoming location for completing your in-class TEFL training. The French capital is truly one of the great cities of the world and you will have plenty of time out of the classroom to enjoy some of its many attractions. Highlights of Paris include:
- Buildings and monuments: The Eiffel Tower needs no introduction, but you can also marvel at Notre-Dame Cathedral, the Arc de Triomphe, the PanthÃ©on, and the Basilica of the SacrÃ©-CÅur.
- Art: The Louvre Museum contains many wonders including the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo, while the MusÃ©e d'Orsay is the place to go for the worldâs largest collection of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist works.
- Food and drink: France is famous for its cuisine and there is nowhere better to explore it than Paris. The city has countless cafes, bistros, and restaurants, where you can sample some of the best food in Europe.
- Exploring: Paris is a great place to explore on foot and via public transport. Highlights include strolling along the Champs-ÃlysÃ©es, people watching in the Luxembourg Gardens, and marveling at the bones of millions of Parisians in the Catacombs of Paris.
- Day trips: Although there is more than enough to keep you busy within the city, you can also explore some breathtaking sites close by, such as the stunning Palace of Versailles and the Palace of Fontainebleau.
Germany is a popular country for teaching English abroad and our center in Leipzig provides an excellent gateway into the local teaching scene. The city has a rich cultural heritage and a modern, dynamic spirit that makes it a fascinating destination for travelers interested in history, culture, and contemporary urban life. Highlights of Leipzig include:
- Historic city center: Leipzig's old town is full of picturesque streets, squares, and historic buildings, making it a delightful place to explore on foot.
- Cultural scene: Leipzig has a vibrant cultural scene, with numerous theaters, galleries, and music venues offering a wide range of performances and exhibitions.
- Green spaces: The city boasts beautiful parks and green spaces, including the Clara-Zetkin Park and the Leipzig Botanical Garden, perfect for relaxing and picnicking.
- Music heritage: Leipzig is known as the City of Music due to its rich musical history. Explore the musical heritage of great composers like Bach, Mendelssohn, and Schumann.
- Local cuisine: Sample traditional German dishes and local specialties at Leipzig's restaurants, including hearty sausages, sauerbraten, and delicious pastries.
- Alternative scene: Leipzig also has a thriving alternative and creative scene, with street art, underground clubs, and unique events happening regularly.
Italy has one of the largest markets for foreign TEFL teachers in Europe which is why we have two training centers to choose from. As a major capital city, Rome is an obvious choice for a training center, while the stunning city of Florence provides the backdrop to our second option. Either location promises an unforgettable experience, so you might find it hard to choose. Highlights of Rome include:
- Historical layers: Rome is like an open-air museum, where ancient Roman ruins coexist with Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, creating a unique blend of historical eras.
- Cafes and piazzas: Relax at outdoor cafes in charming piazzas like Piazza Navona, Piazza di Spagna, and Campo de' Fiori, where you can enjoy coffee and people-watching.
- Fountains and squares: Rome is adorned with numerous fountains and squares, each with its own unique character and artistic significance.
- Mouthwatering gelato: Sample gelato from various gelaterias and savor the creamy, flavorful goodness that Rome is famous for.
- Public art: Admire street art, sculptures, and statues scattered throughout the city, offering glimpses into modern Roman artistry.
- Vespa rides: Embrace the local lifestyle by renting a Vespa and exploring the city on two wheels, like a true Roman.
If Florence is your preferred destination in Italy you can look forward to the following highlights:
- Artistic legacy: Florence is often considered the birthplace of the Renaissance, and its streets and museums are filled with artistic treasures that span centuries.
- Historic center: Wander through the historic city center, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and explore charming streets, squares, and buildings.
- Culinary delights: Sample Tuscan cuisine, including pasta dishes like pappardelle and ribollita, as well as the region's renowned wines.
- Medieval and renaissance architecture: Florence is a city of architectural beauty, from medieval towers to grand Renaissance palaces.
- Cultural heritage: Immerse yourself in Florence's rich cultural heritage, from its historic churches to its many museums and galleries.
- Nighttime atmosphere: Experience the enchanting atmosphere of Florence at night, with its beautifully illuminated landmarks and charming alleys.
Spain is a major destination for teaching English abroad and we have two training centers to choose from. Our center in Barcelona is always popular as the city has one of the most robust and diverse markets for TEFL teachers anywhere in the European region. If you are looking for something a little more relaxed, our center on the island of Gran Canaria might be just what you are looking for. Barcelona highlights include:
- Architectural diversity: Barcelona boasts a mix of architectural styles, from the historic Gothic Quarter to the modernist masterpieces of GaudÃ.
- Mediterranean coastline: Enjoy the city's proximity to the Mediterranean Sea with its beautiful beaches and waterfront promenades.
- Cultural fusion: Barcelona is a vibrant melting pot of Catalan, Spanish, and international cultures, which is reflected in its cuisine, festivals, and diverse neighborhoods.
- Tapas and local cuisine: Savor tapas, paella, seafood, and Catalan specialties at local restaurants and tapas bars.
- Art and museums: Explore a wealth of art, including works by Picasso, MirÃ³, and DalÃ, in various museums and galleries across the city.
- Nightlife: Barcelona comes alive after dark with a vibrant nightlife scene, including clubs, bars, and beachfront venues.
If Gran Canaria is your preferred destination in Spain you can look forward to the following highlights:
- Varied landscapes: Gran Canaria is often called a "miniature continent" due to its diverse landscapes, including beaches, sand dunes, mountains, valleys, and forests.
- Beach variety: The island offers a wide range of beaches, from busy urban shores to secluded coves, catering to different preferences.
- Year-round sunshine: Enjoy the pleasant subtropical climate with mild winters and warm summers, making it an ideal destination throughout the year.
- Outdoor activities: Explore the island's natural beauty through activities such as hiking, cycling, water sports, and birdwatching.
- Local cuisine: Savor Canarian cuisine, which features fresh seafood, goat cheese, mojo sauces, and unique dishes like "ropa vieja."
- Relaxation: Find tranquility and relaxation in the island's wellness centers, spa resorts, and thermal baths.