"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL in USA - New York State
Date posted:2002-11-28 | Writer: Westchester Community College | Email: email@example.com
ESL Coordinator, Southern Extension Sites
English as a Second Language Institute
This full-time, 12-month position, is based at a new extension site in Mount Vernon, NY, and with responsibility for two additional off-campus ESL locations in Yonkers and New Rochelle, NY. The Coordinator reports to the Assistant Dean of ESL. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Student advisement, assessment, placement and post testing for each location
* Management, coordination, development of ESL Institute programs and services at the three extension sites including program marketing; hiring and scheduling of faculty
* Textbook & materials management; Orders necessary texts for student purchase and managing book sales. Also obtains necessary desk copies and ancillary instructional materials for faculty.
* Management of key processes at extension site including ESL student registration; manage personnel processing at extension for ESL faculty and staff.
* Duties, as assigned, at other extensions:
* Evaluation, supervision, support of all faculty;
* Development of ESL curriculum to meet special local needs
* Student advisement and support
* Student testing and registration support
* Program operation requires this position have regular evening and Saturday working hours
* B.A., M.A. strongly preferred, in TESOL or closely related field
* Two years related teaching experience; one year experience in educational administration/supervision
* Spanish or Portuguese language proficiency preferred
* Proficiency in Microsoft Ofice applications and ability to learn a variety of software packages used in program operation.
SALARY: Starting salary is $42, 865. Excellent health, retirement and vacation benefits package.
START DATE: Position open until filled
APPLICATION PROCESS: Submit resume as soon as possible to Sabrina Johnson Chandler, Director of Human Resources, Westchester Community College, 75 Grasslands Road, Valhalla, NY 10595-1698. Or send as Wordï¿½ document to firstname.lastname@example.org .
WESTCHESTER COMMUNITY COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WOMEN AND MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.