TEFL Alumni Interview with Sabrina Oliveira
For ITTT, our community of students and alumni is the most important to us. That’s why we’d love to share what our course grads have to say! This will not only have others make a better decision in whether TEFL/TESOL is for them, but it will also help the ITTT community grow bigger and stronger!
The below answers were given from real ITTT alumni who have agreed to share their thoughts for our blog section.
1. What’s your name?
2. Where are you from? Where do you currently live?
I am from and currently residing in Brazil.
3. Which ITTT course(s) did you take?
4. Why did you take a TEFL/TESOL course from ITTT?
I took the course to be able to teach and live abroad.
5. What was your favorite part about the course?
I thoroughly enjoyed learning new techniques and methods to help the students.
6. You've finished your TEFL/TESOL course - now what? What are your plans and goals?
My dream is to look for jobs in my country, then open my options and go to another area, continent, probably Asia or even Europe.
7. What's your no. 1 tip for other TEFL/TESOL course takers? What should they know? What do you wish you knew before?
Read with attention the unit. They are absolutely amazing and complete, so do not miss details or informations, because there are all important.
8. Where would you like to teach English? Why? (If you already are teaching abroad - where do you teach and what do you like about that location?)
I would love to teach in Portugal, mostly because their native language is the same as mine, so it would be one barrier less to face.
9. Anything you'd like to add?
The job seeking links provided by ITTT enabled me to have a clear direct on how to find a job after I finished my course and lead to my first teaching job. The provided links ensured that I won't have that overwhelming lost feeling of what do I do now. It was really a life-saver. Thank you ITTT.
Are you ready to start your own teaching adventure?
All opinions stated above are those of the ITTT course graduate. We always provide honest and accurate accounts of how our students and course alumni feel about their experience with ITTT.
Apply now & get certified to teach english abroad!
Speak with an ITTT advisor today to put together your personal plan for teaching English abroad!
Send us an email or call us toll-free at 1-800-490-0531 to speak with an ITTT advisor today.
Watch Sabrina's Testimonial Video:
- Why You Should Take Specialized TEFL Courses
- 10 Pieces of Advice Every New TEFL Teacher Needs to Know
- The 5 Best Ways to Build Rapport With Your TEFL Students
- The How-To Guide to Prepare for Your Teaching Job Abroad
- 10 Tips for Teaching Grammar to EFL Students Abroad
- 7 Awesome ESL Conversation Activities to Really Get Your Students Talking