TEFL Alumni Interview with Regan McAllister
For ITTT, our community of students and alumni is the most important to us. That’s why we’d love to share what our course grads have to say! This will not only have others make a better decision in whether TEFL/TESOL is for them, but it will also help the ITTT community grow bigger and stronger!
The below answers were given from real ITTT alumni who have agreed to share their thoughts for our blog section.
1. What’s your name?
My name is Regan McAllister.
2. Where are you from? Where do you currently live?
I'm from United States, currently living in Aomori, Japan.
3. Which ITTT course(s) did you take?
4. Why did you take a TEFL/TESOL course from ITTT?
I am currently teaching English (through the JET program) and wanted to become a better English teacher by expanding my knowledge.
5. What was your favorite part about the course?
I enjoyed the chapter on teaching receptive skills. I think this is important to teach because it helps ignite more interest in language learning.
6. You've finished your TEFL/TESOL course - now what? What are your plans and goals?
Continue to better myself as an English teacher and use my knowledge of English teaching to help me learn other languages as well.
7. What's your no. 1 tip for other TEFL/TESOL course takers? What should they know? What do you wish you knew before?
My number one tip is that it's not as daunting as it may seem! The material is interesting and applicable!
8. Where would you like to teach English? Why? (If you already are teaching abroad - where do you teach and what do you like about that location?)
I would love to teach English in South America. I think it would be a very different experience from teaching here in Japan.
Are you ready to start your own teaching adventure?
All opinions stated above are those of the ITTT course graduate. We always provide honest and accurate accounts of how our students and course alumni feel about their experience with ITTT.
Speak with an ITTT advisor today to put together your personal plan for teaching English abroad!
Send us an email or call us toll-free at 1-800-490-0531 to speak with an ITTT advisor today.
Watch Regan's Testimonial Video:
- Why You Should Take Specialized TEFL Courses
- 10 Pieces of Advice Every New TEFL Teacher Needs to Know
- The 5 Best Ways to Build Rapport With Your TEFL Students
- The How-To Guide to Prepare for Your Teaching Job Abroad
- 10 Tips for Teaching Grammar to EFL Students Abroad
- 7 Awesome ESL Conversation Activities to Really Get Your Students Talking