TEFL Alumni Interview with Priscila Silva
For ITTT, our community of students and alumni is the most important to us. That’s why we’d love to share what our course grads have to say! This will not only have others make a better decision in whether TEFL/TESOL is for them, but it will also help the ITTT community grow bigger and stronger!
The below answers were given from real ITTT alumni who have agreed to share their thoughts for our blog section.
1. What’s your name?
2. Where are you from? Where do you currently live?
I'm from Brazil, currently living in China.
3. Which ITTT course(s) did you take?
- 120-hour TEFL/TESOL Course
- 50-hour Teaching English to Young Learners Course
4. Why did you take a TEFL/TESOL course from ITTT?
I took TEFL/TESOL course because this course is highly demanded by schools and I chose ITTT because it is extremely well recommended by former students
5. What was your favorite part about the course?
My favorite part of the ITTT course was to watch the videos, they were all really useful and helped me to better assimilate the content of the lessons.
6. You've finished your TEFL/TESOL course - now what? What are your plans and goals?
My main goal is to get a job as an English teacher in China where I'm currently living, and I'm really eager to start because I know it will be an amazing opportunity in my teaching career.
7. What's your no. 1 tip for other TEFL/TESOL course takers? What should they know? What do you wish you knew before?
I would recommend TEFL students to always do the exercises proposed in the end of each unit. By doing them, students have the great opportunity to put the knowledge learned into practice, helping them to better absorb and retain the content.
8. Where would you like to teach English? Why? (If you already are teaching abroad - where do you teach and what do you like about that location?)
I want to get an official job in China because it's the country I'm living in nowadays and I really want to have this opportunity of teaching abroad, which will certainly help me improving my teaching skills and will also be extremely important for my teaching career. I'm already teaching kids in China, but as a volunteer teacher in a nonprofit organization, and I've been enjoying a lot...it's been an amazing and rewarding experience.
9. Anything you'd like to add?
I'd like to show my appreciation for the ITTT TEFL course as I found the course content clear, informative and very well designed to give teachers tools, techniques and resources to help them to develop and improve their teaching skills and abilities.
Are you ready to start your own teaching adventure?
All opinions stated above are those of the ITTT course graduate. We always provide honest and accurate accounts of how our students and course alumni feel about their experience with ITTT.
Apply now & get certified to teach english abroad!
Speak with an ITTT advisor today to put together your personal plan for teaching English abroad!
Send us an email or call us toll-free at 1-800-490-0531 to speak with an ITTT advisor today.
Watch Priscilla's Testimonial Video:
- Why You Should Take Specialized TEFL Courses
- 10 Pieces of Advice Every New TEFL Teacher Needs to Know
- The 5 Best Ways to Build Rapport With Your TEFL Students
- The How-To Guide to Prepare for Your Teaching Job Abroad
- 10 Tips for Teaching Grammar to EFL Students Abroad
- 7 Awesome ESL Conversation Activities to Really Get Your Students Talking