TEFL Alumni Interview with Oana Palimariu
For ITTT, our community of students and alumni is the most important to us. That’s why we’d love to share what our course grads have to say! This will not only have others make a better decision in whether TEFL/TESOL is for them, but it will also help the ITTT community grow bigger and stronger!
The below answers were given from real ITTT alumni who have agreed to share their thoughts for our blog section.
1. What’s your name?
2. Where are you from? Where do you currently live?
3. Which ITTT course(s) did you take?
4. Why did you take a TEFL/TESOL course from ITTT?
To obtain a qualification that would eventually allow me to teach English to speakers of other languages.
5. What was your favorite part about the course?
I especially liked the the part where I had to write down everything I had understood from the unit. It made me pay attention and it allowed me to reflect on what I had learned.
6. You've finished your TEFL/TESOL course - now what? What are your plans and goals?
I would like to be able to teach English in different countries in order to discover their culture, traditions and way of life. What better way to achieve that than to do what I love most: teaching English!
7. What's your no. 1 tip for other TEFL/TESOL course takers? What should they know? What do you wish you knew before?
The course takers should pay close attention to the contents because they provide everything a teacher should know before starting to teach English. I was surprised by how well put together the course was!
8. Where would you like to teach English? Why? (If you already are teaching abroad - where do you teach and what do you like about that location?)
I would love to discover Asia and teach English at the same time. I am currently teaching English in Spain and I love it because of the wonderful, warm and open-minded people I encountered here.
Are you ready to start your own teaching adventure?
All opinions stated above are those of the ITTT course graduate. We always provide honest and accurate accounts of how our students and course alumni feel about their experience with ITTT.
Apply now & get certified to teach english abroad!
Speak with an ITTT advisor today to put together your personal plan for teaching English abroad!
Send us an email or call us toll-free at 1-800-490-0531 to speak with an ITTT advisor today.
Watch Oana's Testimonial Video:
- Why You Should Take Specialized TEFL Courses
- 10 Pieces of Advice Every New TEFL Teacher Needs to Know
- The 5 Best Ways to Build Rapport With Your TEFL Students
- The How-To Guide to Prepare for Your Teaching Job Abroad
- 10 Tips for Teaching Grammar to EFL Students Abroad
- 7 Awesome ESL Conversation Activities to Really Get Your Students Talking