TEFL Alumni Interview with Ioana Grasu
For ITTT, our community of students and alumni is the most important to us. That’s why we’d love to share what our course grads have to say! This will not only have others make a better decision in whether TEFL/TESOL is for them, but it will also help the ITTT community grow bigger and stronger!
The below answers were given from real ITTT alumni who have agreed to share their thoughts for our blog section.
1. What’s your name?
Ioana Stefanelli Grasu
2. Where are you from? Where do you currently live?
I'm from Romania,
3. Which ITTT course(s) did you take?
4. Why did you take a TEFL/TESOL course from ITTT?
I took a TEFL/TESOL course from ITTT because it is an internationally accredited course and it gave me the flexibility I needed.
5. What was your favorite part about the course?
My favorite part about the course was learning about the many different types of activities and games that can be played to make lessons fun and engaging.
6. You've finished your TEFL/TESOL course - now what? What are your plans and goals?
I would like to take a 50-hr course in teaching English to young learners and then apply for a teaching job.
7. What's your no. 1 tip for other TEFL/TESOL course takers? What should they know? What do you wish you knew before?
My no. 1 tip for other TEFL/TESOL course takers is to never stop learning about teaching English, even after the end of the course. The course gives you a solid foundation to start your teaching career but I think good teachers should always try to improve themselves with more research and reading.
8. Where would you like to teach English? Why? (If you already are teaching abroad - where do you teach and what do you like about that location?)
I would like to teach children here in Romania as I feel very connected to my home country and I want to contribute to bringing about positive change
Are you ready to start your own teaching adventure?
All opinions stated above are those of the ITTT course graduate. We always provide honest and accurate accounts of how our students and course alumni feel about their experience with ITTT.
Apply now & get certified to teach english abroad!
Speak with an ITTT advisor today to put together your personal plan for teaching English abroad!
Send us an email or call us toll-free at 1-800-490-0531 to speak with an ITTT advisor today.
Watch Ioana's Testimonial Video:
- Why You Should Take Specialized TEFL Courses
- 10 Pieces of Advice Every New TEFL Teacher Needs to Know
- The 5 Best Ways to Build Rapport With Your TEFL Students
- The How-To Guide to Prepare for Your Teaching Job Abroad
- 10 Tips for Teaching Grammar to EFL Students Abroad
- 7 Awesome ESL Conversation Activities to Really Get Your Students Talking