TEFL Alumni Interview with Elleda Spitzer
For ITTT, our community of students and alumni is the most important to us. That’s why we’d love to share what our course grads have to say! This will not only have others make a better decision in whether TEFL/TESOL is for them, but it will also help the ITTT community grow bigger and stronger!
The below answers were given from real ITTT alumni who have agreed to share their thoughts for our blog section.
1. What’s your name?
I'm Elleda Spitzer.
2. Where are you from? Where do you currently live?
I'm from California, USA.
3. Which ITTT course(s) did you take?
- 120-hour TEFL/TESOL Course
- 50-hour Teaching English to Young Learners Course
- 50-hour Teaching English Online Course
4. Why did you take a TEFL/TESOL course from ITTT?
I took my coursed at ITTT because of the strong reviews that the company had, and the many different options that ITTT offered.
5. What was your favorite part about the course?
My favorite part about the courses were the videos. They allowed me to review the content in each unit of the course and become more knowledgeable in each unit’s subject area.
6. You've finished your TEFL/TESOL course - now what? What are your plans and goals?
Now that I have finished my courses, I intend to study at University and continue to learn and grow as a human. Hopefully after finishing college, I can put my ITTT certificates to use and use them to travel the world and teach.
7. What's your no. 1 tip for other TEFL/TESOL course takers? What should they know? What do you wish you knew before?
My number one tip for other ITTT students is to pace yourself. If you try to do too many units in one day, you will not absorb the materials as well and then you will not learn as much as you can if you take your time. You have six months to complete the course, so there is no rush! I also recommend downloading all the materials and taking notes to look back to.
8. Where would you like to teach English? Why? (If you already are teaching abroad - where do you teach and what do you like about that location?)
I would love to teach abroad in many different places to experience many different cultures. Mostly I would love to teach in Costa Rica to learn Spanish and experience their culture.
Are you ready to start your own teaching adventure?
All opinions stated above are those of the ITTT course graduate. We always provide honest and accurate accounts of how our students and course alumni feel about their experience with ITTT.
Apply now & get certified to teach english abroad!
Speak with an ITTT advisor today to put together your personal plan for teaching English abroad!
Send us an email or call us toll-free at 1-800-490-0531 to speak with an ITTT advisor today.
Watch Elleda's Testimonial Video:
- Why You Should Take Specialized TEFL Courses
- 10 Pieces of Advice Every New TEFL Teacher Needs to Know
- The 5 Best Ways to Build Rapport With Your TEFL Students
- The How-To Guide to Prepare for Your Teaching Job Abroad
- 10 Tips for Teaching Grammar to EFL Students Abroad
- 7 Awesome ESL Conversation Activities to Really Get Your Students Talking