TEFL Alumni Interview with Claudia Vu
For ITTT, our community of students and alumni is the most important to us. That’s why we’d love to share what our course grads have to say! This will not only have others make a better decision in whether TEFL/TESOL is for them, but it will also help the ITTT community grow bigger and stronger!
The below answers were given from real ITTT alumni who have agreed to share their thoughts for our blog section.
1. What’s your name?
Vu Thi Van Anh (Claudia Vu)
2. Where are you from? Where do you currently live?
I'm from Hanoi, Vietnam,
3. Which ITTT course(s) did you take?
4. Why did you take a TEFL/TESOL course from ITTT?
I did not major in English, however I wanted to become a teacher of English.
5. What was your favorite part about the course?
My favorite part of the course was Unit 3: Methodologies and Techniques.
6. You've finished your TEFL/TESOL course - now what? What are your plans and goals?
I would like to implement my own courses with its focus on TOEIC training and English for Marketing. As I have been a professional marketer for 10 years, I believe English for Specific Purposes would be very practical.
7. What's your no. 1 tip for other TEFL/TESOL course takers? What should they know? What do you wish you knew before?
I would like other TEFL/TESOL course takers to know that a TESOL course is totally eligible for ones having had TOEIC from 750 scores and it can be taken online with ITTT.
8. Where would you like to teach English? Why? (If you already are teaching abroad - where do you teach and what do you like about that location?)
I aim to implement English course in Hanoi, Vietnam and prefer teaching online via Zoom, Google Meet, Skype. Otherwise, Preply and another online platforms for teaching will also be considered.
Are you ready to start your own teaching adventure?
All opinions stated above are those of the ITTT course graduate. We always provide honest and accurate accounts of how our students and course alumni feel about their experience with ITTT.
Speak with an ITTT advisor today to put together your personal plan for teaching English abroad!
Send us an email or call us toll-free at 1-800-490-0531 to speak with an ITTT advisor today.
Watch Claudia's Testimonial Video:
- Why You Should Take Specialized TEFL Courses
- 10 Pieces of Advice Every New TEFL Teacher Needs to Know
- The 5 Best Ways to Build Rapport With Your TEFL Students
- The How-To Guide to Prepare for Your Teaching Job Abroad
- 10 Tips for Teaching Grammar to EFL Students Abroad
- 7 Awesome ESL Conversation Activities to Really Get Your Students Talking