"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Teach EFL in Vietnam (2)
Date posted:2010-01-26 | Writer: DTLC | Email: DangTuanLC@gmail.com
DTLC is a fast-growing private English School located in the coastal Vietnamese city of Hai Phong, two hours from the capital, Hanoi, and a short boat ride away from the beaches of Ha Long Bay. The school has over 800 students aged from 5-18 and is supported by the Hai Phong Department of Education and Training.
We have just signed contracts with other government schools in Haiphong to provide them with Practice Speaking classes in order to improve their Listening and Speaking skills. In addition we are teaching, Maths and Science in English so as to prepare the students for Overseas Studies.
We are presently recruiting full-time native-speaker teachers (Americans, British, Canadians, Australians, Irish, New Zealanders) in those subjects.
• Organize conversation classes to help young students practice English skills effectively.
• Prepare relevant games and activities.
• Mark and evaluate students’ progress.
• Teach Math and Science in English.
• 25 teaching hours/week, Monday to Sunday (a day off during the week).
• Class size: from 15 – 24 students.
• Newly- built , well-equipped facilities.
• Computers, stereos, LCD, and the Internet can all be used as teaching aids.
• Candidates are required to have an officially recognized teaching certificate (CELTA/TESOL/TEFL or equivalent).
• Teaching experience preferred.
• Open-mindedness and good energy, as well as a clear accent, are essential.
• 30 to 40 years old preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
• Ranging from US $1,000 to $1,400/month with accommodation, based on experience, ability and teaching effectiveness. (1,000 USD for non-education BA, 1,200 USD for Mathematics and Science Education BA, 1,400 USD for BA in English Education).
• We have newly built accommodations for foreigner staff. Each flat is 50 m2, with a living room, a bedroom, a kitchen and bathroom, sofa, cable LCD TV (free), ADSL internet (free) , full Korean bed, two air conditioners, two hot water heaters, gas cooker, refrigerator, washing machine. Beautiful, clean and safe. (security 24/7). Motorbike and car parking.
• You are responsible to pay for Electric, water and Gas bills.
• Living costs in Hai Phong are about $200-300 per month.
• Salary review every 6 months.
Teachers who sign a one-year contract are eligible for the following:
• Basic medical insurance (allowance)
• Contract completion bonus
• Visa and work permits arranged and paid for at the end of the contract (50% allowance) (you must provide evidence of a criminal record check undertaken no more than six months prior to the start of the contract).
• Flight allowance (50%) (paid six months into the contract)
• Paid national holidays (approximately 10 days per year)
• Contract re-signing bonus (500-1,000 USD)
• Annual leave and holidays (approximately 12 days per year, unpaid).
• At least twice a year: Free tour to Halong Bay, Cat Ba Island, Sapa,...
• Airport pick-up upon arrival
Kindly send a recent CV along with scanned copies of relevant degrees, certificates and passports to Mr. Jerry St.Amour, DTLC Coordinator at the e-mail address given on the job heading. Please also include a recent photo.
Office Phone: +84 313 835 938
Mr. Dang Tuan, President
Mobile: +84 983 835 938
Mr. Jerry St.Amour, Coordinator
Mobile: +84 1266 375 973
Positions available immediately.