Date posted:2019-04-29 | Writer: LAL New York | Email: [email protected]
LAL Language Centers US are now looking to recruit enthusiastic, dedicated and responsible non-residential EFL Instructors, residential EFL Instructors and Activity Leaders for our Young Learner Courses in New York. The positions involve teaching English to foreign students aged 12-18 years and leading afternoon and evening activities and excursions.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Academic support
• Competitive salary
• Contract completion bonus
• Loyalty bonus for returning staff
• A lasting experience
• Comprehensive pre-arrival on-line training, including safeguarding and health and safety.
• Full board accommodation (Residential positions)
LOCATIONS & CENTER DATES:
New York: July 03 – July 31
1). NON-RESIDENTIAL ESL INSTRUCTOR
- Teaching only (15 contact hours plus 5 hours of prep)
- Weekly Salary: $420
2). RESIDENTIAL ESL INSTRUCTOR / ACTIVITY LEADER:
- Teaching and leading activities
- Weekly Salary: $555 Plus meals and accommodation
The role of Summer School ESL Instructor / Activity Leader is one of responsibility, directly concerned with the education and welfare of foreign junior students. This requires the employee to engage in all aspects of teaching a short course as directed by the Academic Manager and Center Manager and may include any other reasonable tasks assigned by the center.
The ideal ESL Instructor will be fun, energetic, and outgoing but also have a high level of responsibility and authority and be more than capable of providing dynamic and engaging lessons for Young Learners.
LAL uses our own course book, written and designed by our academic staff across the globe to help our teachers provide unforgettable lessons. These course book-based lessons will form the basis of the syllabus but it is the teacher’s responsibility to bring them to life by adapting them to suit the needs of the individual students. The teacher is responsible for actively linking the academic and leisure programs and American culture through the Inside Scoop and any other suitable material.
Educated to degree level or equivalent
Cambridge CELTA, TESOL, TEFL Certificate or equivalent
Excellent level of spoken and written English (CEFR C1 minimum, e.g. CAE/IELTS 7-8)
Contact us via email at the address given on the job heading.
Applicants MUST currently be eligible to work in the US
LAL Language Centers are committed to safeguarding children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment:
- A Criminal Background Check will be requested in the event of a successful application
- All gaps in resumes must be explained satisfactorily
- Proof of identity and qualifications will be required
- All references will be followed up and reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason you should not be engaged in situations where you have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18
-Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment