"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL in Hermosillo, Mexico (2)
Date posted:2005-05-04 | Writer: Universidad del Noroeste | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be in Hermosillo by August the 29th and start teaching on September 6th, 2005.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
* Experienced native EFL/ESL teachers with a MasterÃÂ³Degree to teach university students. Preferred if able to teach German, too.
* Experienced native FLE teachers with a MasterÃÂ³Degree to teach university students. Preferred if able to teach German, too.
* Experienced bilingual Spanish/English teachers with at least a BachelorÃÂ³Degree to teach high school students. Subjects taught are math and science.
Candidates should be willing to commit themselves for a minimum of one year. Teachers with experience living in Latin America have a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER:
* A full-time job as a language teacher at the Universidad del Noroeste (UNO).
* A friendly work environment.
* An opportunity to live in and learn from the Mexican culture.
* An allowance for moving expenses.
* Assistance in finding a place to live upon arrival.
* Up to three nights in a hotel while looking for a place to live.
* Transportation to and from any point along the bus route to the university campus.
* A monthly salary equivalent to $1, 460.00 US Dlls. for university teachers.
* Basic health insurance.
* A renewable one year contract upon results.
-Candidates MUST have Master's and Bachelor's degrees (BachelorÃÂ³for high school teachers)
-Minimum of two years teaching experience
- Enthusiasm for lesson planning and activity sharing
- Able to present and share information with other teachers at academic workshops occasionally (Second and Foreign Language acquisition process, teaching and learning strategies, etc.)
-Clean, well-groomed appearance
-Willing to participate in cultural awareness events organized by the university and the high school.
-Works well with others
-Able to make friends
-Able to multiple task
-Willing to learn from and participate in another culture
-Good sense of humor
-Work schedule varying from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
-40 hours a week (20 hours teaching, 20 hours grading, tutoring, class planning, doing some administrative duties and planning cultural awareness activities with students).
-Attend and participate in meetings, and occasional seminars, training sessions and workshops.
-Help giving and grading placement exams for all new students coming to UNO every semester.
-Help giving and grading TOEFL practice exams for level 6 students.
WHO ARE WE?
UNO is a 26 year old private university that offers 14 undergraduate programs, 4 postgraduate programs and 3 different adult undergraduate programs. UNO has recently become part of Laureate Education, Inc. which is a network of accredited campus-based and online universities in many countries around the world.
The UNO Language Department oversees the English, French and German programs which average 700 students a semester, from all the majors at UNO. There are close to 1, 700 students currently registered. The high school building is adjacent to the university campus.
Hermosillo is the capital city of the Mexican State of Sonora. It is a border state, and is a bit different from other touristy parts of central and southern Mexico. Life here is often dictated by the extreme weather, where the temperature is often over 42 ?C (108 ?F) during the summer months. People try to stay indoors as much as possible during the day since most places are air-conditioned. To cool off a bit locals also go to nearby Kino Bay or San Carlos beach on the weekends.
For more information about UNO you are welcome to visit our web site at: Contact us
For more information on the State of Sonora and the city of Hermosillo, you are welcome to visit these web sites:
PLEASE forward your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com, in attention to :
Mrs. Carmen Garcia,
Language Department Director.