"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL Certified Teachers Needed Immediately in Japan
Date posted:2015-07-15 | Writer: Heart English School | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heart English School is seeking new native-level EFL teachers who are available now, or for the next school year. The new school year will start in April 2016, and we will have positions all over the Kanto area starting in April, May, or June. Locations include Tokyo, Saitama, Chiba, Ibaraki, Kanagawa, Shizuoka, Gunma, Tochigi, Yamanashi and Iwate. The primary positions offered by Heart are Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) and English Teacher. The two major responsibilities of these positions are to provide excellent quality English lessons and to facilitate the internationalization of Japanese students.
Positions are typically 5 days a week (Monday through Friday), but there are a few positions with occasional Saturday work. We also have some part-time opportunities as well in the Tokyo area. Working hours vary depending on the position but follow basic public school hours.
- Native-level English ability, (TEFL/TESOL preferred)
- Hold or be able to get a BA/BS degree from a university (or equivalent) before your starting date.
- Basic Japanese speaking ability (or at least a desire to learn)
- Some teaching experience or experience working with children
- Desire and ability to live and work in a foreign country and thus be independent
*Although these are not strict requirements, those who meet these requirements will be given preference.
- Sponsorship available
- No limit on contract renewals
- Company accommodations can be arranged for most locations outside of Tokyo.
- If driving is required, we can lend a company car for a nominal fee.
- Company coordinators always available to help with issues between teachers and schools.
The main duties of an ALT are to provide fun and effective English lessons and internationalize Japanese youth. It is important for ALTs to help bridge this gap by giving students first-hand knowledge and experience of different cultures, as well as providing fun and effective English lessons. Although teaching is an important part of the job, essentially teachers get to play and have fun with students and get paid for it! Many teachers play sports and games, or join clubs like kendo, judo, soccer, and so on after school.
Please contact us at the email address given on the job heading as soon as possible to start your path to a rewarding experience. Those who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview via Skype. We look forward to hearing from you!
***Please note that sometimes candidates (especially those using yahoo accounts) have trouble receiving our emails. Therefore, please check your spam/junk folders and Skype messages. If you don’t hear back from us and you’re expecting correspondence, please send us an email for an update.