"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL in Yangzhou, China
Date posted:2004-05-10 | Writer: Beijing New Oriental Foreign Language School at Ya | Email: Smalltomato7781@hotmail.com
Beijing New Oriental Foreign Language School is the biggest privately owned school enterprise in China with 350, 000 students nation-wide at 14 sites. The new school in Yangzhou opened in September 2003 with over 1, 000 students in grades 1-7. The modern facilities will expand in September 2004 to enroll over 3, 000 students in grades 1-8 and grade 12. Situated on the outskirts of Yangzhou and located between the Grand Canal and the Liao Jia River, the school's spacious grounds include a beautifully landscaped canal running through the center. A convenient bus stop with regular buses to the city is located at the school gates.
Yangzhou in Jiangsu Province, a medium sized city of 4.5 million people, is a beautiful mixture of both modern and old traditional style buildings built around an ancient canal system lined, as are the streets, with gorgeous willows. It is about an hour's drive from Nanjing (the capital city of Jiangsu Province) and about four hours drive north of Shanghai. With a long history, Yangzhou has many historical and scenic locations to enjoy, such as homes and gardens once privately owned by wealthy salt traders in the distant past, ancient Buddhist monasteries, and the magnificent West Slender Lake Park. Yangzhou is the home of Huaiyang cuisine, one of four famous cuisines in China. It also has a unique bath and massage culture which is a must experience for visitors.
Dr. Xiuwen Wang is the head of the school. Dr. Wang has lived in America for over 15 years and understands both western and eastern cultures, a necessity for pleasant working and living conditions in China. The staff is friendly and dedicated to making the life of foreign teachers as pleasant as possible.
The School's Employment Requirements:
We need dedicated people who have a passion for teaching children, are open minded, outgoing, have good teaching skills, and are experienced teachers. TEFL certified teachers are preferred but other certifications will be considered. We prefer native speaking English teachers from the United States of American, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia.
What the School Offers:
* A monthly salary of 5, 000 Yuan will be paid. Actual contact teaching hours per week will not exceed 20 hours.
* A furnished apartment (not shared) with bedroom, living room, and private bath is provided at no cost. Each apartment has heat, air-conditioning, and TV/DVD. A fully equipped communal kitchen (microwave, stove, and refrigerator), dining room, and laundry room, are available for use by the foreign teachers. Water and electricity are provided and paid for by the school. Three meals per day are available at no cost at the school canteen or foreign teachers' dining room. Purified drinking water is provided throughout the school.
* Each apartment has a private telephone (you pay for its use) and free Internet access.
* Each foreign teacher will be assigned an office workspace with a computer and free internet access.
* Foreign teachers may choose to take advantage of Chinese language and martial arts lessons at no cost.
* Foreign teachers may enjoy paid holidays as follows:
National Day (one week), Christmas (one day), New Year's Day (two or three days), Winter Vacation (three weeks), May Day (one week)
* Foreign teachers will receive the same medical coverage as the Chinese teachers. In addition, it is advisable to have your own medical insurance. It is advisable to contact your local health office for immunization requirements before coming to China.
* On completion of a one-year employment contract, a roundtrip air ticket from your country of departure will be reimbursed. If you teach for two academic years, you will be reimbursed for two roundtrip air tickets.
* On completion of a one-year employment contract, you will receive an end-of-contract bonus equivalent to one month's salary.
Foreign teachers will be expected to arrive in China on 15 August 2004. A representative of the school will meet you at the Shanghai airport and will transport you to the school in Yangzhou.
If you have any questions and/or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the school. We will do our best to answer your questions and/or concerns. The contact information is as follows:
Judy, Director of Foreign Affairs
The Beijing New Oriental Foreign Language School at Yangzhou
Yang-Jiang Road, East of Yangzhou Bridge
Yangzhou City, Jiangsu Province
PR CHINA 225006
Telephone: 0086-514-790-7805 or 0086-514-790-7899 (from America: 011-86-514-790-7805)
Fax: 0086-514-790-7899 (from America: 011-86-514-790-7899)