Evaluation and Testing of Students - Placement Tests
This video is part of our video series on "Evaluation and Testing of Students". In this video, we look at placement tests. This type of test is also referred to as a level test. Its goal is to find out the current level of the student tested. A placement test generally tests all four skills (reading, listening, writing and speaking) and progresses from easy to hard questions.
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching. This convenient, highly structured design means that you can quickly get to grips with each section before moving onto the next.
Unit one is about Teachers and learners. I an this unit I have learnt about:
1. Qualities of a good teacher;
2. Roles of a teacher (manage / controller, model, assessor, organizer, tutor and others);
3. Qualities of a good learner;
4. Categories of learners (adult learners and young learners)
5. Levels of language ability and,
6. Why one would want to study another language.In this unit,we know about something we should pay attention to,when we try to exercise students'speaking and writing skills.Those two skills are equally important.Teachers should design more useful and effective activities to help students to build their speaking and writing abilities.Games are suitable for each level.Try to create more fun games to motivate your students.