"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Jobs in Vietnam for TEFL Qualified Teachers
Date posted:2014-08-27 | Writer: ILA Vietnam | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Whether you are a career-minded ELT professional or looking for a new challenge overseas, you will find few opportunities to use your TEFL skills matching those offered by ILA Vietnam. We are Vietnam’s leading English Language training organization and currently have sixteen training centres located around the country. Our modern and well equipped centre locations include Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Danang, Vung Tau, Binh Duong and Bien Hoa. All of our centres are designed, built and equipped to the highest standards. ILA uses the latest cutting edge technology to engage our students. At ILA there is the opportunity to use interactive white boards and other smart technology in your classrooms.
We have openings for qualified EFL professionals, primarily to teach General English to Young Learners.
Opportunities to teach adult classes, including corporate and exam classes, may become available at a later date.
ILA provides unique opportunities to teachers that most ELT schools simply cannot offer. Our dedicated academic management team ensures that ILA adheres to a high standard of professional development which comprises of ongoing teacher support, feedback, peer observations, and workshops. ILA also gives teachers the opportunity to volunteer and be involved in the community through the Community Network. With fun and relaxing social events throughout the year, there are plenty of occasions to meet new people.
At ILA we have a variety of positions available for prospective teachers and managers alike. As ILA is continually expanding there are regular opportunities for progression for career minded teachers. All of our positions are for contracts that are 12 months in duration, and full time contracts come with a number of benefits.
Remuneration and Benefits:
ILA Vietnam offers a highly competitive financial and benefits package to teachers, which is based on qualifications and experience.
Highlights of the Financial Package:
• Visa and work permits organised and paid for by ILA
• Relocation allowance
• Health Insurance
• One month’s paid annual leave per annum for all salaried teachers
• Contract completion payment
• World-class facilities and teaching resources
• Dedicated academic management team support and on-going professional development
• Career pathway
• Option to take one of our Cambridge Teacher Training Courses; CELTYL (Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners) and DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults)
• Opportunities to get involved in ILA's charitable network
• Option to transfer between our training centres and to progress into senior positions
• Initial accommodation and airport pickup provided free of charge upon arrival
• Free Vietnamese language lessons
• Great social network including quarterly and annual social events, paid by the school
What are the Opportunities for Charitable Work?
ILA prides itself on being involved with and giving something back to the local community and has therefore established the ILA Community Network. Staff and employees can volunteer in charitable projects that include both fundraising events and volunteering options at shelters, orphanages, or the Cancer Hospital.
To work at ILA Vietnam, teachers need:
1) University degree: This must be a 3 year bachelor degree or higher
2) To be a native level English speaker
3) A qualification in English Language Teaching (TEFL, TESOL, CELTA or equivalent):
Due to government regulations regarding work permits you will need to bring:
• The original copies of your BA degree and CELTA/TEFL certificate. Photocopies are not acceptable.
• A clean police clearance certificate from your home country. If you don't already have such a certificate, you need to apply for one before coming to Vietnam and arrange to have it sent to our address at ILA. Please ask us if you need help with this procedure. Please note that this is much easier to organise before you leave your home country.
You won't need these documents to enter Vietnam, but you will need to give these to us within 1 month of your arrival so that we can process a work permit for you. In short, bringing the above documents with you will enable you to be legally employed in Vietnam.
I’m Interested! How Do I Apply?
Please forward by email the following to our recruitment department at the address given on the job heading.
1. Full CV, dated and with references
2. Copy of passport page with details and photograph.
3. Soonest realistic start date