Date posted:2014-12-04 | Writer: Intercultural Institute of California | Email: [email protected]
EFL teacher needed at the Intercultural Institute of California, a non-profit ESL school in San Francisco. Interested candidates should have a TEFL qualification and at least two years of EFL experience. Candidates should be prepared to demonstrate classroom teaching competence by teaching a short lesson observed by the Director of ESL and/or the Academic Coordinator. The teaching hours are (9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m., Mon-Thurs) totaling 18 hours a week, or 2:00-6:30 p.m Tue-Wed.
Under the immediate supervision of the Academic Coordinator, the instructor is responsible for implementing the relevant curriculum in his or her class, for assessing student learning using instruments that are aligned with the curriculum, and for entering attendance and assessment data in a timely manner.
• To inform students, in writing, about course content and forms of evaluation
• To provide a classroom environment for learning that not only stimulates intellectual curiosity, but is also friendly, positive, and communicative- based, and which motivates students to do their best
• To teach material and coordinate classroom activities skillfully
• To evaluate students’ learning in a manner that is both fair and that accurately assesses the material and skills taught
• To confer with students on their progress toward the course goals
• To provide instruction in accordance with the stated mission and objectives of the Intercultural Institute of California
• To provide class instruction in accordance with both the established syllabus as well as the course goal, course objectives, and student learning outcomes described in the curriculum
• To meet each class at the regularly scheduled time for the full time allotted
• To maintain accurate student attendance and assessment records and electronically submit these in a timely manner and according to deadlines
• To maintain and keep current the course binder associated with the class
Please send an e-mail to the address on the job heading, and copy-and-paste your resume into the body of the e-mail. Thank you.
Below you can read feedback from an ITTT graduate regarding one section of their online TEFL certification course. Each of our online courses is broken down into concise units that focus on specific areas of English language teaching.