Date posted:2019-04-15 | Writer: Celtic English Academy | Email: [email protected]
Celtic English Academy, established in 2004, is a friendly and welcoming British Council accredited English language school in the centre of Cardiff. For the past 14 years we have been offering a range of classes to both adults and younger learners. Due to the success of our 2018 Junior Summer Programme, we will be expanding our summer school in North Wales. So come and join us for a fantastic summer using your TEFL skills in the seaside city of Bangor, starting Monday 8th July for between 3 and 5 weeks.
We take pride in our small class sizes, great teachers and wonderful support staff. The aim of Junior Summer Programme is to provide students aged 11-17 with English language lessons every morning and with afternoon activities which can include sports such as:
-Swimming and much, much more!
In addition, our younger learners will have the opportunity to take part in some exciting half-day and full excursions, which will include:
-Bounce Below as well as lots of other exciting and informative visits to regional towns, cities and places of interest.
The teachers will be responsible for preparing and delivering 15 hours of engaging lesson to younger learners (11-17). In addition, teachers will be required to assist with some of the social activities, to help at some mealtimes and to help welcome new students as they arrive.
The general responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Preparing and delivering approximately 15 hours of engaging English lessons a week
- Improving the communicative competence of the younger learners
- Preparing and marking homework when necessary
- Attending training sessions
- Attending meetings
- Completing reports and certificates
- Assisting with some boarding duties
- Assisting with some social activities
- Welcoming new students on arrival day.
- Undergraduate Degree (2.1 or 1st Class)
- Initial ELT/ TESOL qualification e.g CELTA or TESOL
- A qualification in teaching younger learners and/ or QTS status
- First Aid certificate or willingness to work towards one
- Safeguarding Children Level 1 Certificate or willingness to work towards one
- Enhanced DBS or CRB certificate
- A second language
- An understanding of the needs of younger learners
- Previous experience of working with younger people aged between 11 and 17 (This may be in a voluntary or non-teaching capacity)
- Between 1 and 2 years experience teaching with in the UK or abroad
- Previous experience of working on a summer school
Skills and abilities (Essential)
- C1 Level of English
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
£350-£500 (depending on experience) per week plus accommodation and food. Annual leave is paid at the end of the contract.
HOW TO APPLY:
To receive an information pack, please send a covering letter and CV to the email address given on the job heading. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. A valid Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required for this role. All references will be followed up.
Celtic English Academy
18 Park Grove,
TEL +44 29 2034 4805