"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
TEFL in Turkey - Ankara
Date posted:2007-05-14 | Writer: The Turco-British Association | Email: email@example.com
The Turco-British Association (TBA), founded in 1951 as a non-profit making and non-profit sharing cultural centre with the aim of strengthening and promoting existing cultural ties and friendship between Turkey and the United Kingdom, is seeking suitably qualified native-speaker EFL teachers.
Located in its own attractive 10-storey premises in central Ankara with an average number of 850 mostly adult students and approximately 30 teachers at any given time, the TBA is one of the largest foreign language teaching institutions in Turkey. It has been administering University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations since February 2005 and has recently become an independent Cambridge ESOL Examinations centre in Turkey.
The TBA's General English programme covers all levels, in classes averaging 12-14 students, with particular emphasis placed on advanced levels. In addition, in order to cater for the differing needs of students, the TBA offers focused courses in areas such as Business English and the following Exam Preparation courses; BECs, FCE CAE, CPE, IELTS, TOEIC and TOEFL.
* Monthly net salary on a rising scale from $ 925 to $1100, depending on qualifications. and years of experience
* Fully-furnished accommodation -shared-, paid utilities i.e. gas, water, electricity; close proximity to school, approximately a 5-minute walk
* Assistance with travel costs at the beginning and end of a 2-year contract
* Four weeks' paid annual leave + Christmas holiday + national Turkish holidays
* Settling-in bonus
* Private medical insurance
* Turkish National Social Security coverage
* Residence and work permit procedures undertaken and costs met
* Commitment to professional development
Contracts are for 108 contact hours per term - one contact hour is 45 min.-
One academic year consists of 12 four weekly terms.
o Native English speaker
o A degree and an EFL teaching qualification
o Valid passport from the UK, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand
o Strong interest in professional development and maintaining the high standards of a distinguished institution
o Experience (desirable but not essential)
Please send a full CV (with personal details, educational background, qualifications, previous experience, reference details and a passport-sized photo) together with photocopies of your degrees, diplomas and your passport.
Tel: + 90 312 419 18 44
Fax: + 90 312 418 54 04
Address: The Turco-British Association Bestekar Sokak 32, 06680 Kavakl dere-Ankara /TURKEY
Web: Contact us
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL CONTACT ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS WHO WE FEEL MEET THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS.