"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Opportunity teaching TEFL in Suratthani, Southern Thailand
Date posted:2005-01-13 | Writer: Mathus Language Acadamy | Email: MathusAcad@aol.com
Mathus Language Academy
Mathus Language Academy is an English language school situated in southeast Thailand. Our location in Suratthani is ideal for weekend visits to many beautiful islands and beaches. At Mathus we teach all levels and ages including: nursery school, middle school, high school, adult and company classes. The majority of our students are children. We have an experienced, friendly team of 9 foreign teachers and we are looking for two qualified Native English speakers to join our team.One teacher is required for mid-February, 2005 and another for mid-March, 2005.Our contracts are for a minimum period of one year plus a two-week training period.
- Salary of 20, 000 Baht per month. Upon completion of a one-year contract, teachers will receive a Completion Bonus of 10, 000 Baht and will be eligible for a 10, 000 Baht Performance Bonus.
Salary = 20, 000 x 12
Housing = 2, 500 x 12
Completion Bonus = 10, 000
Performance Bonus = 10, 000
Average Monthly Salary = 24, 167 Baht per month
Average Yearly Income = 290, 000 Baht
- Work permit and necessary visa.
- A housing allowance of 2, 500 Baht per month with assistance finding a place.
- 5 day work week with 2 consecutive days off.
- No more than 22 teaching hours per week.
- 24 paid vacation days (scheduled by the school, usually following our summer camps).
- Free medical consultation and medicine for minor ailments.
- Comprehensive training including a week to observe other teachers and a week with the teacher you are replacing.
- Unlimited free Internet.
1.A minimum of a Bachelors Degree is needed to obtain a work permit.
2.Native speaker of English.
3.Have experience or be willing to work with young children.
4. TESOL/TEFL/CELTA qualification.
5.Have a valid drivers license and be prepared and willing to drive standard and automatic vehicles.
1.Visit our web site at http://hometown.aol.com/MathusAcad/ to copy and paste the application form.Check out our Staff Profiles for details and experiences of our teachers from past and present.Please note our website is currently being updated.
2.Complete the application form and paste it onto an email and attention it to Jenni Dunseith, Head Teacher (please do not send it as an attachment).
3.Send the completed application form to MathusAcad@aol.com.